Chapter 1

Waking up in pain is not a great way to start the day.

Groaning, Cale opened his eyes and tried sitting up, only to curse and fall back to his soft bed. Not only did the visible parts of his body such as his arms have black bruises, he felt that his cheeks were swollen and that his left leg is broken.

"Damn, that vicious punk really showed no mercy to me."

However, he couldn't find it in him to be bitter. Instead, he was smiling to himself.

"That damn god of death really kept his word."

He recalled the moment he lost his consciousness.

He felt like he was submerged underwater, the cold ironically giving him a warm hug.

"Cale."

He heard someone call his name.

He ignored it, hoping it would go away.

He felt extremely comfortable right now.

Unfortunately, his wish was ignored like always and he soon felt someone pulling him out.

"What?"

He asked in annoyance as he opened his eyes, only to see a man sitting in front of him with white hair, black eyes, and a gentle smile.

"Welcome, Cale Henituse."

"Who the fuck are you?"

The man looked surprised before laughing briefly, a nostalgic look in his eyes.

"Ah, you remind me so much of a child I adored."

Cale didn't care.

He was tired.

He just died.

He wanted to rest.

"Just answer the question."

"How impatient."

The man laughed before looking at him intently.

"You are an interesting human."

Cale looked at him in boredom.

It wasn't the first time someone told him he was interesting so he really didn't care.

"Are you the god of death?"

The god looked surprised and pleased.

"Oh, you really are smart."

"That's the only one who can communicate with dead people. But anyway, what do you want from me? Or is this some kind of dead protocol because if it is, then get on with it."

"Sigh, why am I always interested with humans like you?"

The god sighed.

"I do agree that you have bad taste considering you found me and Cage interesting."

The god just laughed which was irritating, in Cale's opinion.

"Anyway, just tell me what you want. Damn it, Cage was right in calling you annoying."

The god pouted for a moment before looking at him seriously.

"As I said before, you're an interesting human."

Cale sighed, deciding to amuse the god.

"And why am I an interesting human?"

The god smiled.