Chapter-13 🔞🔞

Weiying Kept quiet throughout the ride to the boutique, his head spun. Why was Lan Wangji taking him out like this? His pulse raced ahead of his thoughts,

“Lately, he’s been...” Weiying Shook his head, “stop it!”

“We’re here,” Lan Wangji stated, parking the car.

The place looked nothing like a boutique. They stepped out to ornate wrought-iron gates. Lush greenery peeked out and over the tall walls that flanked either side of the gates. Weiying Took hesitant steps behind Lan Wangji. As the gates opened, a smartly dressed man greeted the pair. Lan Wangji acknowledged the greeting and walked onwards on the gravelly path leading up to a small cream building. It was of Georgian architecture, bricks and stone with large glass windows. Its beauty shone like it must have centuries ago. Calm, reminiscent of the past yet utterly suffocating. Weiying fidgeted with his jumpsuit. He didn’t belong.

“Afternoon Mr. Mo!”

“Oh, Lan Wangji!” a white-haired man looked up from his work table.

Swathes of fabric, sophisticated sowing machines and mannequins were strewn about in a carefully planned mess.

“We don’t have an appointment today, do we?”

“No, no. Mo Ziyan, I’d like this fellow fitted. Since it’s warm, just a suitable ready-to-wear for now.”

Mo Ziyan cocked an eyebrow over his low glasses. He observed Weiying With suspicion.

“Very well,” he putting aside his templates, he got up from his seat, “My assistant here shall measure him while I pick something appropriate.”

Weiying Lifted his arms and felt foreign hands slide under with a measuring tape. The touch reminded him of the nights before. He hadn’t felt the touch of anybody else since running into Lan Wangji’s arms. He blushed as the measuring tape wound tight around his chest.

“Really?” Lan Wangji mused aloud from the seat facing Weiying.

His eyes lifted above the open book in his hand. Putting the book down, he strolled over to Weiying with hands clasped behind his back.

“Why have you reddened?”

“Uhm- this- I-“ Weiying stuttered hopelessly.

When the assistant moved away, Lan Wangji closed in.

“Does the touch of any man excite you? Or wait,” Weiying felt a heated breath against his earlobe, “Does it remind you of my touch?”

Weiying Jerked back, distinctly conscious of the tailor’s eyes.

“No-,” he shook his head and stepped back, “it’s- just I- I’ve never been to somewhere like this...”

Lan Wangji shot him a mischievous smile and tilted his head slightly.

The tailor cleared his throat, “I think a warm white will suit him better.”

He held out a loose cream button down and a pair of khakis. The assistant laid out a pair of brown almond-toed brogues beside him. The two pairs of eyes looked expectantly at Weiying.

Lan Wangji turned to Weiying, “Do you like these?”

“I’m fine with anything...” Weiying Shifted his gaze to the wood floor.

“Then change into these. Keep his measurements on record.” Lan Wangji spoke to Weiying, then to the tailor.

The assistant guided Weiying to a large open door. He shut it as Weiying went inside. A mirrored wall on one end and a wall of brass hooks on the other. A plush velvet couch sat against the wall between. The room was as big as Weiying’s own living quarters. He gaped. When he looked above him, kaleidoscopic colours of crystal enchanted him. A chandelier?