10: A TRANSMIGRATOR'S PURPOSE

Start from the beginning

<"Aw, too bad you can't show-off since both your handsome face and "goodwill" are fake, Shittyhead. Kekeke!">

As usual, he just ignored the real Blob.

"Are you sure you don't want anyone else to find out about your goodwill?"

"Yes, Senior," Zirkus said, smiling brightly. "I'm already happy that we saved the school from a potential tragedy."

Rivo Creswell smiled as if he was proud of him. "Then, as the only person who knows about your heroism, let me give you a present. After all, I'm really grateful to you, Blob."

Oho?

Zirkus was thrilled to receive a present from the hero of the original novel. But, of course, he needed to act modestly first by declining politely. "Senior, you don't have to give me a present," he said while shaking his head. He was already doing a victory dance in his head, though. "I'll just take your gratitude, Senior."

<"Your modesty is as fake as your handsome face. Tsk, tsk, tsk.">

Why was there no option to turn off the System???

"I insist, Blob," Rivo Creswell said, then he stood up and sat beside Zirkus. "Give me your hand."

Zirkus acted like he was hesitating before he gave his hand to the hero. "I'm already grateful, Senior."

The hero just laughed, then he put a small badge in Zirkus' hand.

And the badge was shaped like an umbrella– a white parasol, to be precise.

[Hence, the name 'White Parasol.']

Zirkus' pupils hook when he recognized the item in his hand. He wasn't acting this time. The shock and awe that he was feeling at the moment were very real. "Senior, is this a Holy Artifact?"

He already knew what the item was, of course.

But he needed to act dumb to hide his excitement.

[After all, this Holy Artifact is the very thing that saved Rivo Creswell and the others from the bombing incident during their graduation ceremony. The White Parasol is named that way because the shield that comes out of it is like a giant umbrella.]

"Yes, it's a Holy Artifact," Rivo Creswell said. "Since you're already a Freshman, I'm sure you know what a Holy Artifact is."

Zirkus nodded and used his knowledge as a reader of the original novel to respond to the hero's question. "When the gods who used to oversee our world abandoned us, they apparently left their remaining power sealed in unique items that we now call 'Holy Artifacts.'"

"That's right," Rivo Creswell said while nodding his head. "Holy Artifacts are hard to find because not everyone can determine whether an item is embedded with divine power or not."

[And that's also why Holy Artifacts cost a fortune.]

"I was told that Holy Artifact has the attribute of a shield," Rivo Creswell said, smiling encouragingly at him. "I thought you'd need it more than I do, Blob."

[Do I look THAT feeble because of my fake innocent face? Well, whatever.]

"Are you sure you want to give this to me, Senior?"

Zirkus was only asking that to be polite, but he really had no intention of returning the White Parasol to the hero.

The effectiveness of the Holy Artifacts would fade depending on the amount of divine power embedded in them. If the divine power was only a small amount, then the item would quickly lose its power.