5: SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY

Zacznij od początku

Nixie Winslet let out a sigh. "Huxford, if you were us, would you believe your own words?"

Rivo Creswell motioned to his face awkwardly. "And your face isn't really trustworthy, Huxford."

Ouch.

Even so...

"Understandable," Zirkus said while nodding his head. "Have a good day."

Since there was no point arguing with kids who were attacking his face now, he decided to retreat.

"Pfft."

That was the sound Enzo Fenton made when Zirkus walked past him.

[Aigoo, look at this scary punk making fun of me.]

***

[I SHOULD have just slept in my dorm.]

Zirkus was so bored in his Elective Class.

[I wonder why Zirkus Huxford chose Guinevere Heroes History as his Elective Class.]

Professor Lindon, the class teacher, was an old man with a gentle face. The professor also talked so kindly that his voice almost sounded like a lullaby.

The class was full, but it was obvious most of them were only there to sleep.

[It's amazing how Professor Lindon isn't bothered by the snoring students.]

Zirkus discovered a newfound respect for the professor, so he decided not to sleep in his class...

... and he didn't get the chance to do so anyway.

"Do you have it?"

It was Enzo Fenton who sat beside him and spoke in a very low voice.

[Is he in this class, too? Or did he just come here to threaten me again?]

Fortunately, Zirkus was sitting on the farthest row from the professor. Moreover, no one was sitting in his row as if everyone avoided him on purpose.

[It's the perfect spot for this transaction.]

"I have the goods," Zirkus whispered back, then he pulled out the notebook from his crossbody bag and put it on the desk. After that, he gently pushed it towards Enzo Fenton's side. "I assure you– we'll be friends after you read that."

"'Garuto and the Hidden Soul Village' by Park Suho?"

Hehehe.

Yep, he was shameless enough to put his old Korean name as the author of the story that was inspired by two gigantic series from his world.

<"Shameless bastard.">

Zirkus naturally ignored Blob, the rude System.

"The title sounds stupid and the author's name sounds strange."

"Just read it, dude."

Enzo Fenton turned to him with a cold look on his face when Zirkus spoke to him casually.

Zirkus avoided the scary punk's gaze slowly.

"Professor, I have a question."

[Thank you, nameless classmate!]

"She has a question," Zirkus whispered, discreetly scooting away from Enzo Fenton. "Let's stop talking and focus on the lesson."

"When monsters began infesting our continent, heroes also started to emerge," their female classmate asked the professor. "Most of the first-generation heroes came from the slums, and the first crisis that they encountered early in their lives was famine. Even now, in places where wars against monsters are ongoing, the number one problem our forces face is food shortage."