Stand Tall,, THIRTY FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Do you believe me though?" Willa adds.

"I do. I do believe you" The Barbadian girl nods; "Of course, I believe you!".

"I'm still kind of surprised that you just came to me straight away about it" River admits. "Why wouldn't I?" Willa asks, confused. "I don't...I don't know" River shrugs. "I just know Jupiter. She's always been weird about me date someone since like, I don't know, forever?". "It would be a shock if she didn't try to make a move on someone I'm with" She chuckled softly.

"So what? You just been letting it slide for this long?" Willa questioned.

Rio tilts her head to the side. "Yeah, basically" She answers. "I like to give people chances, you know that. I guess I gave her one to many and she took it for granted?" River frowned. "I thought she would've learned from the mistakes she made with the chances I gave her,"
She says while picking at the ends of her shirt.

"But I'm the one who did learn anything by letting her stay in my life".

"Luckily for me, none of those relationships even lasted so I think she did me a favor with them" Willa cleared her throat. River quickly placed a hand on her girl's shoulder and corrects herself. "Oh! No! Not you and me, never that!" She said. "I just meant that the boys I've dated were just really bad—" Willa rolled her eyes while letting out a low growl before she pulls River into a kiss.

Everything from her mind that she was panicking over had disappeared.

All she cared about was River, everything she'd been doing and was going to do from here on out was for River. Nothing could or would change that. Willa pulled River into her lap as they continued to kiss with ease and care. Willa pulled away from the kiss before she placed peppermint kisses on River's shoulder blade and neck.

"She smells so good" Willa thought as she caught the scent of River's coconut body wash. "Willa" River giggled. Willa kissed her lips once more before speaking. "I'm you're girlfriend" She made clear while looking into River's eyes. Doing the same, River blushed.

"You are" She nods. "That also means we can trust each other" Willa hummed in response as she messed with the strands of River's curls. Rio's arms loosely wrapped around her neck. "No one's gonna get in the way of this" Willa says.

"We're gonna Stand Tall and be together forever".

Willa heart swells up with love as those words fell from River's lips. The younger teenager smiled as her girlfriend strokes her cheek with her thumb. While glancing at her swollen plumped lips that were slightly apart and her eyes still were lost in a gaze, Rio realized it was time for to get some sleep.

Though, she didn't want Willa to leave her side that night.

"Can you stay?" River asked. "Yeah, definitely" Willa answers. "The clothes are in my drawer" River reminds her as she removes herself from the taller girl's lap. "Let me go change then" Willa says. "Okay" River said, yawning as she crawls into her bed.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

"So you talk to my mom?" River asks as Willa makes her way through the moonlit room and joins her in the bed.

Willa nods. "I did" She says. "And you didn't think to tell me that you were coming over to do so?" Rio questions. "It was a last minute decision" Willa said. "If anything it would've made me even more nervous than I was if you were there".

"Aww, I make you nervous" River cups Willa's cheek with one hand.

"You do" Willa chuckled at her girlfriend's action.

River smiles and they adjusted themselves to get comfortable. Willa was River's body pillow for the night as she rests her head on her chest. Willa's arm was around her waist, keeping her close. "She's very intimidating but I think I did pretty well" Willa says. "Hmm" Rio yawns. "Get some sleep, babe" Willa rubs River's back.

"No, we're talking" River says as she snuggles closer into Willa; "Keep talking".

Willa did just that. "I heard that Addison and Zed are trying to get seabrook to build a pack house in zombie town, but it could just be a rumor" She stated. "Sound nice" River mutters. Eventually, after talking for a while, River had fallen asleep with Willa's hand running through her hair, soothingly.

"Love?" Willa questions: "Baby?".

She leans forward a bit but only to see that her girlfriend was peacefully sleeping in her arms.

Willa sighs softly. "...I— I think I'm in love with you, Noelle" She admits to the sleeping girl. "I don't think— I know that I'm...deeply and utterly in love with you" Willa held a soft smile on her lips before it falls. "But the love that I feel for you scares me, but in a way it encourages me to prove that I'm the only one for you".

"Three words... so simple. Three words I never get to say to you no matter how hard I try" Willa whispered.

"At this point, I'm just talking to myself but," Willa kissed River's forehead and tucked away her curls behind her ear; "I know that I will always be there for you".

"No matter what happens".