{ 1 } Seeing Someone Familiar { 1 }

{ ☀️ } - Wukong POV - { ☀️ }
2032, Current time.

"Dad! Can we get ice cream?" My son yelled.

"No Mk, we already brought ice cream last week, we still have a lot." (Yes, Wukong is Mk's dad in this-)

"But I want it now!" He said stomping his feet. I sighed.

"Mk, do you want a toy or not because I will not regret leaving right now." I said. He went silent.
"Thank you." He looked away.

"Daddy? When are Papa and Grandpa are coming over?" Mk asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe tommorow or on Sunday." I replied. Mk looked around. I sighed and pulled my phone out.
"Okay! I think we got everything!" I said happily. Mk smiled.

"Can we go to the toys now?!" He asked.

"Yes, but-" I was stopped by him darting over there. "MK!" I chased after him. I grabbed his arm and stopped him from running.

"But you said yes!" I sighed and dragged him back.

"Yes, I did but I was about to ask you a question and you did-" I was stopped by bumping into somebody.
"I'm sorry!" I said.

"I'm so sorry! I wasnt looking -" He stopped, and froze. As I looked up up, I did too.

And there he stood.
Macaque.

"It's you.." We said at the same time. Staring at each other. We were silent.

"Um.. Dad?" Mk pulled on my shirt and we both then looked away.

"I'm gonna.. go.." He said awkwardly walking past me. I looked back and watched him walk away.

"Dad? Who was that?" Mk asked. I jumped.

"Um.. a old friend..." I said. Mk knew I was lying but he shrugged it off.
"A-anyway! Do you want any snacks?" I asked looking at him. He put his finger to his chin.

"Hm... Oreos!" He said happily. "OOO! Can you text Grandpa and ask him to make some of his noodles?" He asked grabbing my pinky.

"We will see what we can do," I smiled. He jumped up and down.

"Yay!" He exclaimed. Me and Mk went to the snacks, got the oreos,

"Okay, now we can go to the toys." I said. Mk lit up and ran over. I sighed and smiled as I watched him run over to the toy section. I stood there as I waited for Mk to run over with a bunch of toys asking me for all of them, but to my surprise, he brought two kids other kids over.

"Dad look! I made friends!" Mk said happily. The two kids stood there silently behind Mk. I waved to them,

"Hello you two!" I said with a smile. The taller short haired boy wearing a light purple hoodie with red sweat pants. Smiled back and waved. The shorter one was wearing a black long sleeved shirt with loose purple pants. I was silent. Mk was hugging them

"Can they come home with us?" Mk asked. I looked at him.

"Mk, I can't take someone else's kid home." I said folding my arms.

"Please!" Mk begged.

"Mk, we don't know their parents. We can't take them home." I said sternly, but he didn't listen.

"But dad!" He faught.

"Mk," I looked at him and gave him that stern dad look. He started whining and pouting. I sighed.
"Please Mk."

"..Okay.. fine." He folded his arms. I looked at the two boys, the shorter one behind his taller brother.

"Do you know where your parents are?" The taller one glanced around and shook his head no. I sighed. The taller one walked down the aisle and peeked around.

The shorter one looked scared. I looked at him and tried to give a warming, calm, smile. Which helped. The taller one walked back and shrugged.

"Rumble, Savage?!" A worried voice from the distance yelled out. I heard footsteps running towards us. "Boys!" He ran and hugged them.

Of course, it was him. Macaque.

"Are you two alright? You two scared me!" He said looking at them. The taller one, which I'm assuming is Rumble ran back over to Mk and hugged him. He stood up straight, the shorter one, which I'm guessing is Savage stood behind him. He looked at me.
"I'm sorry if they caused you trouble." He said.

"Oh, no, not at all." I said looking away. He looked away aswell.

"Rumble, it's time to go." He said.

"No!" He said. Macaque looked shocked as if it was the first time his kid ever spoke.

"..Rumble -"

"I'm not leaving! I wanna be with Mk!" He said. Macaque took a breath.

"Rumble it's time to go." He said, shaking the feeling off. I sighed.

"Mk, we should go." He looked at me, I didn't look back tho, I stood there looking away.

"Daddd! Please!" He pouted.

"Now."

"But-"

"Okay, then I'll tell Grandpa and Papa not to come over. And no noodles." I looked away.

"But --- dad!" He groaned. Macaque understood that we had to bribe them, so he quickly changed up.

"Alright Rumble, Savage and me are leaving now," he said.

"Okay! I'll just go home with Mk!" He said happily. Macaque sighed and walked off. I looked back at him, he was at the end of the aisle.

"Can he go home with us now?" Mk asked. I shook my head.

"No," I said.

"Why?!" Mk said with a frown.

"Because, Grandpa and Papa are coming over and we need to clean up, maybe another day?" I asked. Even though there won't be another day, just want to get out of this damn store. And I don't want to see his face.

Finally, Mk sighed and admitted defeat.

"Okay, fine." Mk folded his arms. I smiled and looked at Rumble.

"Let's go to your dad, okay?" I said to him. He nodded, I walked over to Macaque and Rumble ran over to him. He looked at me.

"I'm deeply sorry for Rumble." He said.

"No, no, it's fine." I said.

"If you say so.." he said. It was silent again. Us two looking away.

"I'm gonna go.." I said looking away. He nodded.

"Me too." We awkwardly walked off into different directions.

God, please never let that happen again.