Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat

Start from the beginning

"What exactly is necromancy," Harry was curious. "T'challa, Hawk, and Hestia brought that up earlier, but did not give much of an explanation."

"Necromancy is one of the blackest of magics in all of the known realms," Krinos says, his face grim. "Necromancy deals with life and death. Specifically, it is about trying to bring back the dead. The most common thing would be trying to reanimate a corpse, but it ends up a zombie or even some type of half-dead and half-alive... thing."

"There is actually something like that we know about," Fred says.

"There are these creatures known as inferi where we come from," George said.

"They are basically living corpses," Fred explained.

"Only those truly evil are able to create them," George added.

"Necromancy is the most forbidden magic in the world," Krinos says. "The laws of life and death are the most sacred laws of magic. To mess with them are the most evil thing that anyone could ever do."

"And some people think the All Hallows' Eve ritual is related to necromancy," Harry asked them.

"Whenever anyone hears how communicating with the dead, they instantly think about necromancy," Melody said. "Quite frankly, it's insulting to the ritual to even think of it being a branch of necromancy when it is meant to reunite loved ones."

"And speaking of that, I would be more than happy to help you with the ritual, Harry," Krinos tells him. "I think out of everyone here, Melody and I can understand you the most when it comes to why you want to do the ritual."

Harry softly smiled at Krinos and Melody. The two of them were in a similar boat to him. All of their parents had been murdered by someone when they were very young. Harry did not want to compare their pain, but he could not help but wonder which of them had it worse. He had not been old enough to remember his parents other than the memory of their deaths that the dementors brought to the surface and things Sirius and Remus had told him. But Krinos and Melody actually were able to remember bits of their parents, yet their parents were murdered by their own sons because they wanted the family title. He was not sure which was worse, remembering or not remembering. All of them suffered greatly because of the deaths of their parents.

"Is the ritual hard," Harry asked them.

"It can be a bit taxing on your magic energy the first time that you use it," Melody explained. "Those that have never done it before usually feel very tired once it is completed because they are not used to the amount of magic needed to transport their soul to limbo."

"It does not affect the rest of us as badly because of how we have been doing the ritual for years," Krinos says. "But, that will not have any effect on your ability to perform the ritual."

"So, I will just be really tired after performing the ritual," Harry guessed.

"That's right, Harry," Melody said. "There are those that say that magic always comes at a price, but the loss of energy is quite a fair price for the gift that the ritual gives us."

"Please do not mention that phrase," Charlotte says as she walks by. "I have had it with Rumpelstiltskin! That little imp annoys me so much!"

She walked away without another word. Harry looked at the mystic soul twins with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't even ask," they both said at the same time.

"Mr.Gardna," the voice of Professor Nightingale called from the entrance of the Main Gallery. "We would like your help in here with the decorations."

"Coming, professor," Krinos replied to her.

"Charlotte probably does have interesting stories, though," Harry says as they walk with Krinos. "I can not even imagine what it would be like to live your life with fairy tales being a part of it."