Phoenix, Arizona
Sharina Bahía Luna Baptiste

"Get up, get up, it's time to get up!" I heard faintly

"Get up, get up, it's time to get up!" I heard faintly. I ignore it, thinking it's the tv.

"Get the fuck up!" I heard again but this time more forcefully.

Before I can turn over I'm pushed off my bed and onto the floor. 

"What the hell, Ora!" I yelled, bitch about to die playing with my sleep.

"Good Morning! Time to get ready for the first day of college." She exclaimed, jumping up and down on my bed.

I look to see the time and glare at it.

"Bitch, I know you did not wake me up at 4:00 in the morning to get ready." I deadpanned her.

"Yes, bitch I did. You need to get ready," she said emphasizing on bitch.

"It doesn't take me 4 hours to get ready, Ora. I'm going back to bed." I said getting off the floor and back into the bed until I was pushed off again.

I lay on the floor and think 'I need a gun.'

"Sharina, you need to take your everything shower, I need to do your hair, and you have to pick out an outfit," she said matter-of-factly but she knows that doesn't take 4 damn hours.

"So get your ass up and in that shower, I'm going to use the guest bathroom," she said getting up, grabbing her belongings, and leaving the room.

I just sit there, in silence, looking at the door trying to understand why I let her come over.

I finally picked a college, and you guessed it I chose to stay in Arizona. I figured it would be the best for me mentally and physically.

I'm not ready to leave my mom, let alone move to a different state, so I'm staying. Not to mention my issues are getting worse.

I'm not only back on my normal pill routine but I now have 2 more added to the collection.

I started applying for jobs at the hospital because my major is in nursing and I thought that would be the best fit.

I interviewed for 3 hospitals in 2 weeks and it was very overwhelming. The questions, the behavior, and the skills you need for it are crazy.

I don't think I did good on the interviews, so I had a panic attack and ended up in the hospital. Yay!

Anyway, since that happened Ora and my auntie have stayed here to make sure everything is going well. Just know it's been going.

I decide to get up and take a shower. It is too early in the am to be yelling and arguing.

I turn on the light in the bathroom and look in the mirror.

'Damn, maybe I do need an everything shower.' I need to re-shave my armpits and legs and wash my hair.