Chapter 3

Maya had walked through the huge building that she knew so well. Her last final was done and she could start her summer knowing that she would graduate. Graduation was in less than a week and that caused a lot of tension for Maya. She smiled as she saw how people had walked past her, and looked at her. She was indeed confused about what was going on, as she wasn't aware of any issues that she had with the college.

"That's the girl that Josh Matthews left Emma Ross for."

The name Emma Ross wasn't a strange one for Maya. She wasn't one of the rich kids, but she did know very well who Emma Ross was. She made her way to Josh's dorm room as she had knocked and saw how a young man answered it.

"Maya, hey."

"Dean, what is going on? Was Emma Ross here to see Josh?" Maya asked as Dean nodded.

"Yeah, but go and talk to him. He's in his room. I'm heading out," Dean said as Maya nodded and walked past the 21-year-old.

Maya had looked into the room as she saw ghat Josh was busy reading. She knew that something was going on, but she didn't want to say anything. She walked up to Josh, and rested her hand on his shoulder as he looked back at her.

"Hey," Josh said.

"Hey, what's going on in this college today?" Maya asked as Josh shrugged his shoulders and pulled Maya onto his lap.

"Meaning?" Josh asked.

"People say that Emma Ross was here," Maya said as Josh exhaled.

"She was. She was here to see me. I know her," Josh said.

"Josh, what's going on? I know you well enough to know when you are hiding something from me. What is it?" Maya asked as Josh exhaled and rubbed his hand up Maya's back.

"When I was fifteen, me and Emma dated. We did long distance. I was in Philadelphia and she was up here in Manhattan. But thag changed when I met you. Maya, I couldn't stop thinking about you, and eventually I broke it up with Emma. I spent my senior year single and when I came to New York, I was set on making us happen. It took longer than anticipated, but we did it. And, now, Emma is back from Milan and absolutely pissed thag I'm happy," Josh said.

"That's it?" Maya asked as Josh nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I kept it from you," Josh said.

"It's okay. You're honest about it all, and that's all that counts," Maya said as she kissed Josh.