DURYODHAN'S PLIGHT

In the palace of Hastinapur,

It was around midnight and the people of Hastinapur were fast asleep in contrast to the royals who were having a restless night due to the earlier fiasco. A man in his mid twenties clad in night blue dhoti and sky blue uttariya can be seen pacing around the room. The occasional shimmer of moonlight falling upon his face created a picturesque of an enchanting youth.

 Him along with his 100 siblings were born enthralling and why not, they were the boon of the dev adi dev Mahadev  himself. They were equally charming and capable when compared to the devaputras who were also their cousins.

But all these were ignored and they were considered as bad omen since the day they were born.

A sneer left his lips upon remembering the events from  yesterday.

'After returning back from Panchal he immediately dispatched spies in order to investigate the identity of the Brahmin who won the swayamvar. His gut feeling told him that it was Arjun when he heard the news then and true to his guesses the results he obtained confirmed his suspicions, he knew that the Pandavas were living in hiding, disguised as Brahmans and with Arjun's interest in archery he won't miss a chance to showcase his skills........ and Krishna might be there to present him with the same chance, the realization stuck him suddenly and the whole situation became much clearer in his mind.

 He was skeptical on seeing Vasudev present there as the Guest of Honor cause as far as he was aware Dwarka and Panchal never had any prior relations neither on political or personal level. A mirthless chuckle left his lips recalling the whole scenario where they were played as fools from beginning to the end.

Before, all along he was suspicious of their death, although he held immense dislike towards them and hated them to some extent he never denied their capabilities. Such fine warriors they were, making it hard for him to believe they simply died in the palace fire. To be honest as much as he want to erase their existence he never wanted to kill them thorough deceit like a coward. It was all his Mamashree who always took actions earlier then informs him of the same later. He was only informed of the conspiracy when the news about their deaths reached the palace.

If there was something he did wrong then it would be not revealing the culprit. He loved and respected his Uncle a lot, this Uncle of theirs was the only one who gave them the care, love and attention they expected from their parents and elders. Sure their parents loved them a lot but their duties as the rulers of the nation caused them to fail in their duties as responsible parents. And not to get started with the elders who always saw them as born evils and pretty much ignored their existence.

 It was all fine till there was no comparison as they were used to it but everything changed since the arrival of the Pandavas, the elders who usually ignores the princes started clearing their schedules to spend time with the new five princes, the maids and helpers who are usually fearful of them started adoring the new arrivals, that along with their Mamashree's sugarcoated poisonous words got into their heads and they took them as their lifelong enemy, being totally unaware that from then on started their journey towards destruction.

So compared to the Pandavas he much preferred and treasured his uncle.

It was later he accidently hears the conversation between Mahamantri Vidhur and Pitamaha when he realizes that the Pandavas had escaped. He was even slightly happy thinking he and his siblings don't have to carry the label of sinners who killed their own family. Although there wasn't any evidence found, it was by default believed throughout the kingdom that Kauravas were responsible for the demise of the Pandavas.