Life After Death

Scarlett's POV:

"Stay near the shore, okay?" I heard my wife said as I watched her put a sunblock lotion around our daughter's body, since my little girl decided that she wanted to go for a swim on the beach.

"Yes, Mommy." Avery replied softly while scratching her tummy.

"Call me and Mama if you need something, yeah? And don't take off your floaters, got that, baby?" My heart fluttered as a small smile formed my lips as I drank my iced coffee.

"Mhhmh." Avery mumbled in agreement while nodding her head, jumping a little in her cute little swimsuit, with floaters on both forearms.

The ocean is just near our house, and we're just at the porch, so if anything goes wrong, we'll be just right on time.

After breakfast, we decided to hang out outside since the weather is beautiful, and it's not too hot.

With the sound of the waves, and the calm winds hitting the atmosphere of our house, it feels so peaceful and therapeutic.

"...okay, here you go, darling." My wife gave Avery her beach toys that are inside of a bucket.

"Thank you, Mommy." Avery leaned up on her tippy toes to give Y/n a kiss on her cheeks, to which Y/n reciprocated with multiple kisses on Avery's face.

"What about me, pumpkin?"

My smile widened when I saw Avery run up to me with an excited smile on her face.

"Stay safe, okay baby?" I put an arm around Avery's little body as she kissed me on the cheek near my lips.

"Yes, Mama." She said before taking off and running towards the beach holding her little bucket of beach toys.

I look over at Y/n to see her arranging the pillows on the sofa that we have in our covered porch.

I stood up from where I was seated, in a single couch, and walked towards her after taking a full sip of my iced coffee.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, and she gasped a little in surprise.

"Scar! I told you, stop scaring me like that." I chuckled a little before digging my face on her neck, tightening my arms around her waist.

"I love you so much." I mumbled and i felt her melt into my hold, making me look up at her, seeing a smile on her face.

She turned around and put her arms around my neck, looking up at me with the same adoration that my eyes hold.

"I love you more." She smiled up at me, and I found myself getting lost in her eyes.

"Not possible-" I was cut off by the ringing sound of my phone.

I grumbled dramatically while she giggled. She stood on her tippy toes to kiss my lips, before patting my cheek.

"Go get it, it must be important." She pulled away from me and continued fixing the sofa and all the things that Avery scattered on the floor.

"Wait for me." I said and left a small smack on her butt cheek, causing her to quietly squeal.

"Scarlett!" She scolded me softly and I just chuckled.

I went to get my phone on the coffee table that is beside the single couch I was sitting on earlier.

I rolled my eyes to see that it was Lucy.

"Hey, what's up?" I greeted, as I turned to look at Y/n who is now seated on the long couch, with both of her legs under her butt, while leaning her back to the arm of the couch, doing something on her phone.