I listen as the say their vows and go through the ceromony. The whole time though Sadie, whose sitting in between Alina and Bryn keeps waving at me to get my attention. I can't help but giggle slightly.

At the end, Sawyer and Tessa walk back down as I begin singing my first song.

Where you are that's where I want to be

And through your eyes are all the things I want to see

In the night you are my dreams

You're everything to me

You're the love

Of my life

And the breath

In my prayers

Take my hand

Lead me there

What I need is you here

I can't forget the taste of your mouth

From your lips, the heavens pour out

I can't forget when we are one

You alone and I am free

Everyday, every night

You alone, are the love of my life

Everyday, every night

You, alone, are the love of my life

We go dancing in the moonlight

With the starlight in your eyes

We go dancing 'til the sunlight

You and me, we're gonna

Dance, dance, dance

{love of my live Dave Matthews band}

As the reception starts in the church's multipurpose room I look anxiously but discreetly for Ethan.

"Hey." I finally hear his familiar voice. I feel the heat rush to my cheeks as I turn around to greet him. He's wearing a white button down with a tie that matches my dress and grey slacks.

"Hey." I smile shyly.

"You sang beautifully."

"You saw me?" I ask excitedly

"I told you I would. I sat in the back though."

"Thats okay. It makes me happy that you saw."

"Anything to make you happy. You look amazing also. Made me breathless when you walked down that aisle. I'm lucky it wasn't you in white though." He tells me soothingly as we begin to dance to the current song. I look at him and wonder where all this is coming from. I'm scared to ask because I love it and don't want him to stop the sweet talk.

"And why is that?"

"Well if you were wearing white. It wouldn't be me marrying you." He points out. I think were both quiet after that. Both content with each other and not wanting to ruin the moment.

"Thank you for coming all this way for me."

"I wanted to. I'll be here tomorrow also"

"Really? Your staying the night?" I ask a little to excitedly

"Ya. If you don't mind. Can I crash on your couch?"

"Of course. Id like that."

We continue to dance through the night. As more songs play and the night gets late. He even dances with the girls. He's really great with Sadie. I'm pretty sure Sadie's just in love with him as I am.

"You stopped wearing your ring." Ethan comments casually as were sitting sipping drinks and eating the cake that was served.

"Oh. Ya...."

"You don't trust me to keep that promise any more do you?" He asks me. I feel him studying my facial expressions.

"Of course... Well... I mean.., its complicated Ethan. But I still love you. I just felt silly holding on to a promise without much confidence. I understand that not every promise can be held. But it doesnt mean I dont want you to keep it."

"Oh don't worry. I will." He breathed quietly. I don't question what he means. We sit and observe the wedding breaking out around us. At some point he casually takes my hand in his. I don't move because this its the safest place I've ever been. I love when he holds my hand..

The reception starts draining around nine but theres still a few people wandering around aimlessly.

"Arlie can you hold the fort down here so me and Sawyer can get going?" Tess asks me impatiently

"Of course go! Don't worry. You guys have fun." I urge her. She throws her arms around me

"Thanks Arlie. This day was amazing all because of you."

"Youd do the same for me. I'll see you in a few months."

"Few months? We get back on Wednesday."

"Uh sorry but now that Sawyer has you, hes not letting you out of his sight anytime soon." I joke. She glares at me before kissing my cheek and saying her last good byes to her family.

"Ready to go?" I ask Ethan a while later. Everyones gone except the other bridesmaids who are helping clean up.

"When ever you are." He shrugs.

"I'm ready. My cars at the hotel so well have to walk over there."

He looks at me quizzically. "You would've walked if I wasn't here?"

"Well ya. Its just a short little walk."

"Its midnight."

"Its a safe area." I reason. We walk silently to the hotel where we get into my car and drive home. "Wheres your stuff?"

"At your house. I dropped it off earlier."

"Oh...then you'll be okay tonight. You can sleep on the couch. Is that okay?"

"Thats perfect. Don't stress." He says lightly. I pull into the drive way and hop out. I changed out my dress and am now in yoga pants and a long sleeve T-shirt. "I gad fun with you tonight."

"Thanks. I'm really glad you came." I whisper as he comes closer to me. He puts his hands on either side of my waist.

"I'm sorry Arlie."

"For what?"

"Not trying hard enough to keep you. Not trying hard enough to get you back."

"Its okay. I'm not mad at you. I just want..."

"Shh." He leans his forehead against mine. "Listen. Arlie will you give me another chance?"

"Of course. You already know how I feel."

"No. I mean will you be my girlfriend. For real. Be with me. No letting the pieces fall or any of that stuff. I just want you to be mine. I'm tired of being away from you and feeling like I'm walking on eggshells to not cross a boundary with you. So can we cut this act and just be together. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will." I say quietly. I lock eyes with him. "I wouldnt want anything more."

"Then its settled. I have my favorite girl back. But this time for keeps." He says and at that moment he scoops me into his arms and leads me inside. I giggle at his childish manner. I lay my head on his chest and soak in the moment. "I love you Arlie." He whispers into my ear.

_____________________________

Awe? I've been waiting for this chapter! Sorry it took so long. Finals week x_x you know how that works. Anyway regular updates will proceed.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Xoxo