Chapter 5- Picture time pt1

Chapter 5// Picture time pt1//

-Picture of Journey's mom-

"So why are you coming with me and not Austin again?" I say pulling up to the hospital.

She turns to me and raises her eyebrow. "Can't I come see how my niece is doing?"

I chuckle on how sassy she sounds right now. "So I'm having a girl?"

"Yes! I can feel it." She says taking her seat belt off and getting out of my skyline.

I walk behind her and start rubbing my tiny bump. You can hardly tell that I'm pregnant because of my black sweater and Leggings.

I open the door and the familiar cream walls meet my eyes. We go to the second floor to Dr. Larson's office and I'm greeted with the same lady who seems to like Austin.

"Hello Journey, where is Austin?" She says giving me a fake smile.

Fake smile. "He is at football practice."

She gives me a disappointed look before she gives me a smirk. "Well, hopefully he can come next time. Why don't you go take a seat over there and Dr. Larson will come." She says pointing to the chairs further away from her.

We don't listen to her. Instead we just sit at the two chairs closer to her.

"What's her problem?" Destiney asks flipping through a magazine.

"She likes Austin." I flip my page of my baby book.

Ashton. Hmm I like that name. Highlight.

"So what letter are you on?"

"I'm still on A's. I want either a girl or a boy. But it doesn't matter to me." I say highlighting Addison.

"Journey."

I stand up with Destiney by my side and we head in to see what my baby looks like today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom! I'm home!"

I plop myself onto the couch and switch on the TV. My legs hurt from all that walking that I've been doing today. I didn't want to know the gender because I want Austin to he there with me when we find out.

"Hey honey. Did you find out the sex?" My mom asks whipping her hands on the napkin in her hand.

"No. I want Austin there with me." I say highlighting the name Brayden.

"That's thoughtful of you. What letter you on?" She asks sipping her tea.

"B."

I highlight the name Bridget. "What do you want?"

I look up from my book and I see my mom playing with her fingers.

"It doesn't matter. Can you go get me some skittles in my room?"

She sighs and goes up to my room. She comes back down with a pack of my skittles and throws me them. I open it up and pop a red one into my mouth.

I start sucking on the skittle when the door bell rings. I get up from my laying position and head to the door. I open the door and Austin is standing there with a lady.

"Hey Journey," he says shyly, "this is my mom."

I look at the lady by him and observe her. She has black hair with piercing blue eyes. She has her hair curled and is wearing nurse scrubs.