chapter 23

♛ Nishimura Riki

There she is. 

The girl I indirectly, unbeknownst to her, asked out. Looking beautiful as always, everything as perfect as ever with the rarest, gorgeous smile on her pretty little pink lips, I just wondered if the sun had genetics. 

Dumb, I know.

I smiled, waving my hand. She speed walked towards me, her dress above her feet while her hair was finally left out, truly mesmerising. I caught butlers passing by the big, see through door of the halls while Midori was catching up towards me. 

"Hey" She said in the most simple gentle way, smiling at me which I definitely reciprocated, even brighter. 

"You look pretty, you should wear these often." I said, eyeing her up and down for most probably 7th time. 

"As much as you I hope?" Midori giggled, obviously sarcastic with an joke. 

I laughed along too, signalling my butlers who were about to come here to back off with my hands, I brushed them away. 

"Will you tell me yet where we're going?" Midori asked, totally calm about her wording but my stomach was flipping around, hearing her say we. 

I mean, come on, it ain't less than together. Yet?

I giggled, shaking my head as an no with an teasing smile, she rolled her eyes, most likely cursing me inside. She was adorable when teased at or annoyed. 

"As if you could get annoyed of me?" I muttered, cocking my brow at the shorter and she nodded sarcastically. 

"Come, let's go. The fun only begins now" I grabbed her hand, walking out the doors while she only touched my hand with her fingertips, her hands cold while mine were feeling cold too once she touched them, but I'll make them warm enough soon. 

"You are incredibly suspicious, Riki," She said, I smiled at her turning behind, we were outside already and she was talking, while I listened. She was telling me about what happened when she had lunch with aunt Sumi this afternoon. 

"If eating really is this fun, I'd like to have a meal with you too, you know" I said, clearly serious but she laughed for some reason. 

"Trust me, it's the only time I actually shut up and listen to people." She said with an chuckle beneath her breath, I frowned at her. 

"So? Don't say that as if a bad thing, it's lovely." 

Midori's eyes had softened, a little frown forming on her face. I didn't know or understood why. 

"Sorry, insecurities.." She muttered, dropping her eyes towards the floor. I was confused, my eyes becoming side eyed. 

"Say sorry again and I'd be saying sorry for lecturing you" I said, knowing it was intentionally lame as hell but it did make her giggle. 

"Or for worse..." I muttered under my breath, looking at her little figure who was a bit ahead of me, hands still intertwined because I wanted them to be. AG. 

"We're here, get on" I said, smiling at the confused brown eyes. 

"We're.. riding your horse?" I nodded. 

Smiling again as I ushered her up, giving her support on the back while lowering my gaze and let her get up, she was bright and happy, patting my horse, Emerald's clean beautiful brown hair. 

I got on behind her, her looking at me with the most taken-aback, eye bulging face. I chuckled, turning her chin to the front. 

"Hold on to me if you feel like you'll slip princess." 

+ + + 

short chap sorry, school has started and it's going to hella hard this year.
updates once a week now :) thank you for reading loves :)