chapter 2

❑ midori hayashi

midori hayashi

'midori-san! rika-san keeps scolding mee' the youngest of my siblings was the first to reach me. my sisters already knew who would it be at the door. 

we only had two keys, one i kept with myself, while the other with rika, my grumpy fifteen year-old sister. the youngest, was suki, who was jus ten. 

'rika, couldn't you handle your sister for two hours before i return?' i asked expectantly, getting inside as suki-tan was tiny walking behind me. 

'she was bugging me one-chan!' rika defended, i felt suki-tan quiver as she stood on her foot now. 'i did not!' 

'yes, you did!' rika exclaimed in disbelief, her mouth hanging open. 

'now, shut up! suki-tan, where are your manners? and rika! you shouldn't do that to your sister, according to the situation suki just wanted to play. wasn't it?' i raised my brow, i could sense a unsure aura flow around rika, completing my doubts. 

'sorry o-nesan' both of them apologised in sync, a expression of annoyance on rika's face. teenagers... i couldn't express that. 

'i'm going to my room. please stay quiet, i'll serve dinner by 7' i said, waiting for their agreements, they had no choice anyway. 

'yes...' 

i walked over to my room, i turned on my light which flickered a lot before having a stable light, air was coming in from the small broken window which i couldn't find a good reason to fix. i had good enough money but not much as the folks who lived at the mountains. my sisters and i stay in a quiet, grassy area close to the city stores, including my own. 

our parents died when i was fourteen, exactly about to be rika's age now, suki-tan was a adorable child back then. it was hard. very, i had to deal with controlling my emotions, i had to manage lots of money for suki to grow healthy enough, i had to fix rika into a school no matter how hard it would've been. they're my one and only. 

out of all my sisters, me and rika only remember our parents; rika remembers them through a limit. she was only 11-12, suki only 8. 

i raged to my wardrobe consisting of only three-four gowns, all beige and light colors. i didn't notice how strong the wind got all of a sudden, trees leaves could be heard rattling. i jogged over to the window, trying to put something against it. 

that was until my surprise. 

'o-nesan! there's soo many helicopters outsideee! wowwww' i heard suki yell, a indistinct yell coming from rika as i could imagine as grabbing suki before the door was heard thumped close. 

'o-nesan! i would love some help here rather than zoning out!' i ran out the room, the wind had stopped but heavy deep voices were heard outside. loud and clear. 

'rika-san, suki-tan, both of you, inside my room, right now!' i was scared, what could a sixteen year old liek me do when their's the royal's helicopters outside with their men armed and a deep blue flag raised. what's happening?

'alert, the king calls!' 

thx for reading <3 12-07-2022

thx for reading <3 
12-07-2022