chapter 16

✦ midori hayashi

my lips were in a thin line as i finally got my breath back, i had gulped down cold water just as soon as the majesty herself came in to the room, goodness, she was prettiest. her eyes, like a crescent moon. she has a smile irreplaceable, i could see where riki got his looks and talent from.

we, as in riki may not be on first name terms, may never be. but it wouldn't hurt to talk to myself, personally, in my mind, where he's running through 24/7 but won't hear me. 

everyone bowed in unison as our faces had utter respect, and as usual, i had to do something damaging my reputation, and i stepped on my beautiful dress while bowing which unintentionally again made me trip, almost into another girl in the gown ahead me.

i heard a few giggles and laughs as i apologised to the woman infront, she must've felt something tugging on her skirt. just great- 

'are you okay hayashi?' i heard a female voice when i got up from apologising, i nodded multiple times, everyone's attention from the queen directed towards me. 

talk about a show stealer, the infamous attention was focused on me just tripping out of plain air diverted everyone's attention that no one could even notice a tall boy standing beside the queen. 

until a high pitched woman screamed in the front, which took my attention off the woman who offered to be my friend amidst when the queen was here. 'the prince is here!' she shouted like a speaker as everyone again bowed in unison, all 90 degrees. 

i giggled as my unnamed friend from infront gave a me thumbs up for standing straight. 

i could notice eyes again on me, a pair of deep brown looking straight at me, followed by a hazel brown looking at me. the queen, the prince, both were looking at me. 

'sumi san, am i only one who can notice the prince looking at me?' obviously i couldn't and can't maintain eye contact with the royal, the front woman, the some woman who screamed that he's here was dying to look at him. 

but his attention was on me. 

for what reason do i hold this situation? i can't even assume things, he might just be spaced out. cause i know i'm spaced out most of the time. 

sumi san only shook my thought, telling me be disciplined and stand properly. i'm only lucky not to be beheaded anymore. one simple mistake, like tripping, would've landed me into a maid's job or worse, dead. 

but how could i focus when prince riki was looking right at me, i just know it he's not spaced out. he's giving me the smalled smile, he knows it. why? why me? how is smiling towards me? what about the queen? 

oh right the queen! i just have to focus on the queen, obviously i quickly broke eye contact as i looked at the busy queen who was about to talk to us but a butler brought her something again as she spoke to him, i could notice hear rising up my cheeks. 

what would a simple girl with no lover do when one of the prettiest men were looking at me and smiling towards me. so much that his head dropped in a little chuckle, a very deep chuckle which i could hear from there when i blinked several times before turning to the queen. 

atleast i got a friend, i suppose?