ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: ᴀ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴜɴʟᴇᴀsʜᴇᴅ

━✤━

The audience held their breath, waiting to witness the clash of these formidable female mages.

It was a battle that would test not only their magical abilities but also their resilience and determination to emerge victorious.

Y/n stood firm, her eyes locked on Arabella, prepared to reveal her true strength.

Arabella, on the other hand, remained oblivious to the hidden potential within Y/n's magical prowess, her underestimation fueling Y/n's determination to prove her wrong.

The stage was set for an epic showdown-one that would leave a lasting impact on the outcome of the exam.

The clash of elemental powers was about to unfold, and both Y/n and Arabella were ready to give it their all.

---

It was finally time for Y/n to demonstrate her powers.

Arabella, a self-centered and arrogant noble mage, quickly targeted Y/n with her formidable ice magic.

"Ice Magic: Frostbite Flurry!" Arabella summoned countless shards of ice, hurtling them towards Y/n with malicious intent.

Unfazed by the incoming attack, Y/n stood her ground, her expression calm and composed.

"Light Magic: Prism Barrier!" she calmly chanted, casting a transparent and brilliant shield around herself.

The shards of ice rebounded off the shield, redirecting their trajectory back towards Arabella.

Arabella's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Impossible! How did you manage to protect yourself from the attack?!" she exclaimed, her anger rising.

Y/n, still composed but growing irritated with Arabella's arrogance, slipped and accidentally let her frustration show.

"You are too insolent," Y/n muttered, her serious nature breaking through her usual gentle demeanor.

Arabella, filled with frustration and a desire to overpower Y/n, continued her relentless assault.

"You dare call me insolent! Then take this!" she retorted, her voice dripping with disdain.

With a swift motion she conjured icy chains with her spell, "Ice Magic: Frostbind Chains!" The chains wrapped tightly around Y/n, sapping her body heat and restricting her movements.

As Y/n struggled within the frigid grip, her oxygen began to deplete, her situation growing dire.

Yet, Y/n's keen observation revealed a flaw in the icy chains.

Despite their appearance of invincibility, they seemed fragile under her scrutiny.

Summoning her sword, she mumbled the incantation, "Light Magic: Luminary's Blade."

A radiant glow enveloped her right hand, materializing into a sword with golden linings and an elegant design.

The battle continued, capturing the attention of the captains who watched in awe.