ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ᴛʀɪᴀʟs ᴏғ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ

━✤━
Y/n mustered up her courage and approached the towering figure of Yami, her eyes filled with determination.

As she called out his name " Yami-san!" Yami's attention shifted from Asta to her.

He continued to casually hold Asta's head, seemingly unbothered by his weight, while his intimidating appearance remained unchanged.

"Huh? Oh, it's you, kid!" Yami responded, a faint hint of recognition crossing his face.

Gradually, the memories of their past encounters began to resurface, and a warm smile formed on his lips.

"Haha! It's been a while! You've grown well, kid," he boomed in his deep, rumbling voice, sending shivers down Y/n's spine.

Y/n's nervousness gave way to a sense of familiarity and relief upon seeing Yami's friendly demeanor.

She remembered the times when Yami had taken care of her, guiding her through her early days as a magic user.

Despite his intimidating exterior, Yami had always shown a soft side when interacting with those he cared about.

" Indeed it's been a while, Yami-san. Iam pleased to see you looking well until now. " Y/n replied, a mixture of elegance and nostalgia lacing her words.

Yami's expression softened as he listened to Y/n's words, his gaze filled with pride.

"I'm glad to see you doing well, too, kid," he said, his voice brimming with sincerity.

While amidst the conversation, Asta panicked and tried to escape from Yami's grip as he screamed, "Whoa, cut it out! A Magic Knight Squad Captain shouldn't kill an exam candidate. Why did you even come down here, anyway?" Another voice came in, breaking the tense atmosphere.

Y/n looked in the direction of the voice and saw a member of the Black Bulls, Finral Roulacase.

Y/n was unfamiliar with the members of the squad, but had heard their names before.

"I went to take a dump and got lost," Yami replied nonchalantly, seemingly unfazed by the commotion.

The mention of Yami being a squad captain made the people in the arena sweatdrop, realizing the gravity of the situation.

Yami's reputation as the Lord of Destruction preceded him.

Yami started counting down from 10, still gripping Asta's head firmly.

As Asta struggled within Yami's grip, panic and desperation etched on his face, he let out a piercing scream, "What're you counting for!?" The fear in his voice was palpable, his words filled with a mix of confusion and defiance.

Yami's response was cold and chilling, his voice cutting through the tense atmosphere like a blade.

"The end of your life," he replied, his tone deep and booming.

The weight behind his words sent a shiver down Asta's spine, the realization of the danger he was in sinking deep into his core.

The tension in the air was palpable as Asta struggled to break free.

Y/n wanted to intervene and stop the confrontation, but fear held her back.