Chapter 10

I feel fire in my blood and magic gathering in my chest and finger tips. Those crows who now sit laughing and drinking killed that family.

Adults die all the time but not children, not butchered like they were. That's wicked, cruel, malicious, and for the weak. I chug down my ale and place my hands on my daggers at my thighs. Can't use magic in public unless I wanna say hello to templars.

I click my tounge and Max follows me as I get up from the stool and place the book on the stool to save my spot. I walk straight to the crows and they all stop talking and look at me with greedy eyes.

"Wassa whore like you want?" The blonde haired one says. Whore, he doesn't even know. And that's why I want to laugh at his face. Being with one man and just meeting me makes me a whore. Ah drunken crows are delightful indeed.

I put a hand on my chest "A whore you say? I would like to be offened but your tits are bigger than mine." I say. The blonde man has so much muscle at his chest that his armor is ill fitting making his chest looking rather feminine.

I laugh at his shocked face and a few crows grin with amusement "She sounds like a crow herself. Tell me lady, you a crow?" A man with black hair asks.

"No, my brother was one. Liam. A good fellow but he always had a knick for gold. And he was good with knives. I guess he thought the crows were his best option. I however am a merchant." I say

The man wih black hair chuckles "Merchant eh? Selling your company?" He asks. I chuckle at his ignorance "Only to real men. I'm afraid child killers aren't real men but rather cowards." I say.

The whole table stiffens and stops drinking to give knowing side glances. The whole table moves at once and I feel multiple arms pull at me.

Max barks wildly and attcks one of the unarmed crows. I however am dragged to the back of the room. I stuggle in their firm grip, trying to free myself from their grasp.

"You they were innocent! They were just children and you killed them!"I scream. All I see is crows as I struggle. They're going to do whatever they want to me and then kill me. I know it.

But I hear the tavern door shut, even though I don't remember it opening . But I see five people.

The leader seems to be a noble woman wearing a purple blouse with a leather corset covering the blouse and her tight legging look good with her silverite boots engraved with ferns. Her raven hair is cut uneven as if she had done it herself and her eyes are like jems. All that and she seems drunk as fuck.

The man practically holding her up has honey hair cut short and hazel eyes. He has slight scruff on his chin and he wears a loose white shirt, trousers, and decent quality boots.

Next a red haired woman with dazzling eyes wearing a dark blue dress showing her every curve. She looks to well dressed. Either a noble, a rich wife, or an apostate. Apostates always seem to have a fancy dress. Or at least in my experience.

Then a man with dark locks and blue eyes looking like a well trained guard but he looks slightly tired. Wonder if he's ok. And I ask this to myself as I'm in the arms of crows.

Finally a man in crow uniform but as my eyes travel I forgive the man for the crow uniform. His face was crafted by Andrastae herself and he has dark hair. One of his eyes, the blue one, twinkles with mischief and humor. The other eyes is brown and is darker. It hides something that I wish to know. To top it off, he has a certain vibe about him.

The leader says something I don't catch and soon its a fury of blades. The one holding my hair, I grab his arm and twist it while drawing my dagger. I spin around him and slit his throat and kick him to the ground. I roll my shloulders, the hands were clutching pretty hard.

The battle ends quickly with a pool of red on tne floor that is bound to stain the bottom of my boots. I look to the leader who's looking me up and down as if trying to see what the fuck got me into that mess.

"I like your style." She says with an approving grin. I grin cockily at her "To you as well. A pleasure to meet you. Amaris of Ferelden at your service." I say with a small bow.

I look behind her to see the woman with the fancy dress looking at me with wide eyes. I look down to the crows and see the one closest to her has burn marks. A mage. So her wide eyes are looking at my monstrosity of hair and eye color. This day could get even better, I'm sure of it.

So she can see the real me. I smile at her and then feel eyes burning into my head as I look the the crow that tags along with them.

He stares at me his face as if it was made of stone. But his eyes show all of his curiousity.

I look back to the leader of the group. "Eveylen Cousland at your service" She says with a playful grin and a small hiccup. I return the grin. This sould be intereting.

If you don't know by now this book is collabing with Cousland the Chosen written by the lovely AvalonRutherford1314 so go check it out, you won't regret it.
Best of Luck
-TheRory / Roar