Chapter 2

Thank you @DiscordKittie for proof reading this chapter for me

After the hour drive back into the city, we all entered the station's underground carpark one after another. I pulled into a space beside Peter getting out just in time for the lift to come down. Jason stepped out of the lift just as the body of the Smith boy was wheeled out of the van. We all walked over to where our boss stood as we watched the forensic doctors take the lift up to the morgue "You alright? Heard you took a fall?" Jason said, looking towards me.

"I'm okay, thankfully. I should probably get myself looked over but I don't think I broke anything. Lucky break I guess" I said as the lift doors shut with the doctors inside going up to the morgue. We pressed the button for the lift to come back down. Watching the number stop at 1 before coming back down to us.

"Wait. You didn't get checked over when we were at the mansion?" Jack said as he came to stand beside me.

"No, it must have slipped our minds considering we.... I found the body of the Smith kid." I said looking down to see the dried blood upon my body.

"May I head back home to wash up and change my clothes, sir?" I asked looking up towards Jason who realised what state I was in.

"Yes, unless you have spare clothes within your gym locker?" He asked, I shook my head in response.

"Okay, but before you do I need you to check in with the doctor and fill out some paperwork before you can go back home."

"Yes, sir." I said as the lift door opened. We all walked in, I pressed the button to 1 for the morgue and to 4 where our unit was on.

The lift arrived at floor 1, I got off and headed into the morgue. To see the junior doctors being supervised by Doctor Charlton, who turned around when the sliding doors opened. He looked at me confused then remembered I took that fall.

"Ahh! (Y/N) my apologies for completely forgetting to check you over before we left. Please right this way, you lot carry on." The doctor said, leading me out of the morgue and towards his office. I sat down on a chair as the doctor checked me over and asked me the procedure questions. Once I was given the all clear I made my way upstairs to the 4th floor walking down the corridor to our units room at the back. Other officers and agents gave me perplexed looks when they saw the blood staining my clothes. Jason was walking away from my desk leaving the paperwork I had to fill out, turning around to see me enter the section.

"The paperwork is all there, fill it out and you can leave for the day. Obviously you can come back if you so wish but after these past couple of hours you've experienced you can have some time off." He said before leaving for his office. I walked over to my desk, the others looking up towards me as I sat down in my comfy office chair, flipping through the papers and I began filling them out. I felt someone come up beside me, glancing over my side I saw Jack, Peter and Emily standing to my left.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked with a sullen expression.

"Yeah, just a little battered and bruised but nothing I haven't felt before. The doctor gave me the all clear so I don't have to take time off." I said as I filled out the last couple of pages.

"No, I meant what Jason had said to you before you left?" Em rephrased coming over leaning in close.

"I kinda overheard what he said to you, pretty much saying you were expendable cause you don't have a partner or children. I did give him a reprimanding which was scary cause I did think he was going to fire me due to me speaking out of line." She winced trying to keep from making their conversation obvious.

I glance over my shoulder towards Jason's office. "It did hurt, but at the end of the day it is the truth. If I had ended up like how Gibbs was then at least If I did go insane I wouldn't be harming anyone I care for." I say standing up and taking the paperwork to Jason. Who looked up from his own paperwork with a sigh.