~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

I clapped. "OH REALLY."

The twins nodded. "Yeah. Also er, can you come with us to tell our mum?" Asked Fred

"We're hoping you can calm her down if she does." George nodded

"What? I don't want to be a part of this!" I cried

"Please?" The twins pleaded, clasping their hands together and widening their eyes.

I glanced at Remus and Sirius, who shrugged and nodded.

"Alright fine."

And so, I now raised my hand and knocked on the burrow timidly.

"Sara?" Asked Mrs. Weasley, opening the door. "FRED AND GEORGE?"

"Hello mum." George waved.

"Hey." Fred grinned.

"What's going on? WHY AREN'T YOU AT SCHOOL."

"Let's just go in and have a little a chat, shall we?" I said soothingly.

Mrs. Weasley let us in and we all sat on the couch, the twins on either side of me, both of them pressing their arms against mine.

"I'm scared." Fred muttered.

"You and me both" I muttered back.

Mrs. Weasley returned, sitting across from us. "Explain."

The twins launched into their story about what they did and how they left. Mrs. Weasleys face was turning red by every second.

"YOU DID WHAT?"  she screamed at the end of the story.

"Don't fret mum! We already have the place in diagonal ally we just have to properly make it and stuff." George said, his eyes wide

"After all these years.... Didn't even finish your N.E.W.T.S!"

"Well, we will make some good money with our business...." Fred said.

"WITH A JOKE SHOP?" She screeched. She rounded on me. "WHY DIDNT YOU STOP THEM!"

"Well I couldn't Mrs. Weasley, I didn't know before they came after they left." I said honestly.

"Yeah mum. We only brought her here to save us from you."

"SARA CANT SAVE YOU FROM WHAT IM ABOUT TO DO-"

Remus then walked through the door, staring at the scene, where Mrs. Weasley was raging over us, and the twins and I were cowering against the couch, both of the twins grabbing onto my arms in fear. I looked like I was being yelled at by my own mother.

She rounded on Remus. "REMUS. DID YOU KNOW!"

He stood next to her and put and arm around her shoulder. "No Molly. I only knew when they came this morning to tell us."

She was breathing heavily, staring daggers at the twins. 

"Molly, just give the boys a chance." Remus said soothingly. "You know, a lot of their inventions are very clever actually."

"But it's not a real job!" she was angry. "Bill works at Gringotts, Charlie is a  dragon tamer, Percy is at the Ministry....." she trailed off, blinking away tears. "I don't know what Ron and Ginny will do but I doubt they'll open a joke shop!"

"Look, Molly, I really think their shop will do wonders." Remus said.

I nodded. "Er, yes Mrs. Weasely. I heard everyone at Hogwarts loves their things. Even back when I was at school, they were very popular with their little inventions."

Mrs. Weasley still wasn't looking very convinced, but she didn't say more about it. "Fine, but don't you two complain when you find yourselves struggling to eat!" Mrs. Weasley stalked into the kitchen, mumbling under her breath.

"That won't happen because there is no way in hell I am going to have seven children." Fred whispered.

I smacked him. "Don't let your mother hear you say that."

Remus glanced over at us. "I should probably just make sure Molly is alright."

I nodded, and Remus went into the kitchen to check on Mrs. Weasley.

"Well, that went exactly how I expected." George said, letting go of my arm.

"Yeah, thanks for coming Sara." Fred said.

"You two owe me big time." I huffed. "Pulling me under the bus like that, I tell you!"

Mrs. Weasley was still in a very bad mood, but she then insisted that Remus and I stay for lunch. So we did. Lunch was very awkward, because she was still glaring at the twins, and occasionally at me and Remus. Remus and I sat, eating our sandwiches in silence, while the twins were looking at anywhere but their mother. 

Then, it was time for us to go back to Sirius.

"No!" Fred cried, throwing himself on his knees in front of me, as I was reaching for the front door. He grabbed on of my hands. "Don't go!"

George did the same, grabbing my other hand. "Sara please! You cannot leave us here alone with mum! She'll go ballistic again when she tells Bill and dad when they're back from work!"

"Sorry boys, but I really must go back to Grimmauld place." I said. "We don't like to leave Sirius alone for two long. I'm pretty sure he will strangle Kreacher very very soon."

"Sara please!" George wailed. "I'm begging you." he tugged on my hand, with wide eyes.

"You can't leave! You must protect us from her wrath. What you saw today was only ten percent of how she's truly feeling!" Fred cried.

I tried to wrench my hands away from them, but they wouldn't budge. "Fred, George, let go loves, I really have to ogo_'

"How about this." Remus said from behind me, where he was watching with amusement. "Sara and I can come and visit every few days, and you're also always welcome to come hangout at Grimmauld place. I'm sure Sirius would also love to see you there more often."

I nodded. "He might not admit it, but he truly loves your idiotic jokes."

After a few minutes of them begging and pretending to cry, they finally gave up and let go of me. 

I was a bit shorter than them, so I tip-toed to kiss each of their cheeks. "Don't worry. Your mum will get over it soon. Behave the next few days though." I warned.

They watched with sad eyes as Remus and I stepped out, and Apparated back to Grimmauld place. 

"How was it?" asked Sirius the moment we entered.

"Exactly how we would imagine. She yelled, and raged and screamed, but then she insisted we stay for lunch." I said, sitting next to him on the couch.

"Sara looked like she could've been Molly's own child, the way she was yelling at her." Remus said, sitting on Sirius's other side. 

Sirius chuckled. 

"We told the boys to come hangout here sometimes." I said. "Remus' idea."

Remus nodded. "Though you might like their company two. We all know how much you love them.'

Sirius grinned. "They remind me of James and I sometimes."