Evelyn rolled her eyes as she turned it on speaker so she could move freely around the kitchen.

"Well, it was great," she smiled slyly, practically seeing the annoyed look on her friend's face through the phone.

"Details, Evelyn! Details! I know there's something else . . . or is it a someone?" She guessed with a hum.

"Possibly," Evelyn giggled, listening to the soft gasp coming from the phone behind her. Leona urged her on. "I met one of George's friends when I was trying to escape from everyone and . . . well, I'm pretty sure we were with each other for the rest of the night."

"What?" Leona practically screamed into the phone. "Just you two?"

"No! No, there was other people, but . . . yeah, I remember him walking me to the taxi and stuff," Evelyn summed up as she gently lowered toast into the toaster. "His name is Arthur, he's a youtuber too." She found herself smiling even at the mere mention of his name. "But, you know, George and Alex's house is nice and-"

"Not so fast, buddy. You can't switch the subject on me," Leona said quickly. "I can see it already, an extremely handsome man standing at the end of that aisle. I better be the bridesmaid."

"Don't be stupid," Evelyn abruptly laughed, pulling out the butter from her near-empty fridge. "I doubt I'll ever see him again."

"But you want to," Leona interjected. Evelyn only hummed. "Look, I gotta go, but I'm telling you, get his socials! He's a youtuber, so it shouldn't be too hard."

"Okay, okay," the blonde gave in with a quiet sigh.

"Love you," her friend said. "Good luck."

"Thanks . . . I love you too," Evelyn smiled before hanging up the phone. She sighed, pressing her back into the counter while picking up her phone, scrolling into Instagram. Quickly, she grew surprised at the notification she'd received five hours ago.

arthurtv started following you.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

ARTHUR HAD GONE home not long after Evelyn left. He went to bed with her on his mind, and unsurprisingly, she was still a recurring thought as soon as he woke up. He made himself a tea, put an episode of a random show on the lounge room tv, and switched his phone to silent. However, after he'd sat there for a few moments, he sighed and picked up his phone, turning his notifications back on. Evelyn was still on his mind.

GEORGE

hello
read 8:14am

I'm trying to clean up
what do you want
read 8:16am

why didn't tell me you were friends
with a model?
how are you friends with a model?
read 8:16am

arthur
read 8:17am

yes?
read 8:17am

am i sensing a little crush?
read 8:18am

NO
i mean no
why
read 8:19am

you can't argue your way out of
this one, mr i went to law school.
was that who you were with all night
read 8:20am

* you have now blocked this number *

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

new tweet from clarke13george

Georgeclarkey
clarke13george

@arthurtv please unblock my number. I apologise for my actions and acknowledge my stupidity. I swear from this point on I will think before I speak and not presume anything out of the ordinary. I respect your decisions and actions and what you are possibly pursuing.

8:27am '  25/08/2022

arthurtv this didn't help at all.
clarke13george please
arthurtv fine, only because you asked nicely

usera HAHAH WHAT IS THIS?!?

eviebradshaw do i even want to know what's going on?
arthurtv no
clarke13george yes

camkirkham_ it's too early for this

eviebradshaw started following you.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

AS SOON AS Arthur unblocked George's number, his contact illuminated the entirety of his phone. He debated on answering, smiling to himself as his finger hovered over the answer button, before he ultimately swiped in acceptance and brought the device closer to his ear. 

"Mr Television," George greeted before Arthur could utter a word. "I hear you seek my friend."

"What, no! I never said that!" Arthur practically shouted into the phone, a grin gracing his face nevertheless as he heard George laugh.

"I'm only messing with you. God, you're such a child," the man continued to laugh.

Arthur rolled his eyes as he got up with his almost empty mug. "I'm not a child," he mumbled beneath his breath as he walked back to the kitchen.

"How'd you meet her?" George asked. Arthur could hear the clicking of his keyboard keys in the background.

"She walked into the end room while I was playing chess on my phone," Arthur muttered while he tipped the rest of his tea down the sink.

"You know . . . I didn't see you much last night," George pondered aloud. Arthur only hummed. With a smirk, George leant back in his office chair, letting his fingers drum against the desk. "My cat died last night." Arthur only hummed again. "You're exactly Evelyn's type."

"What?" Arthur questioned incredulously. George only laughed.

"Now that I've got your attention, get over here and help me clean this house up."