Making things right- Oikawa

Start from the beginning

"Yes." Oikawa looked at you, he really looked at you. He missed the way you smiled, the way you were so sure about your decision's.

"Oikawa?"

"Yes." Your boyfriend however wasn't pleased when he heard the news. You told him you needed this gig and that it'll help get your name out there. Even if it means you working with Oikawa. He ended up letting you do the role (even though it wasn't like you were asking permission). He was always at rehearsal though, keeping his eye on Oikawa. When it got to the first kiss, he always yelled cut, getting on your nerves and the directors. Oikawa was just pissed off at the moment, wanting to kiss you again even if it was fake.

"Action." You re-walked to the fake door for the 30th time smiling at Oikawa.

"I had fun, we should do this again."

"I agree... hey, c/n."

"Yeah?" He grabbed your hand stepping closer to you, your breath hitched as he stared into your e/c eyes watching his flicker from your lips to your eyes.

"Can... can I kiss you?" You suddenly felt the butterflies as if you time traveled back in time to the first time he asked you that.

"Yes." Oikawa cupped your cheek leaning in softly, stopping just before he touched your lips.

"I've been wanting to do this all night." And with that his lips finally touched yours. You relaxed at the familiar feeling as you grabbed his jacket and stepped closer to him. Your lips moving in perfect sync as they once did. Once you broke the kiss your cheeks were a slight red, you looked up into his eyes and broke into a smile. Oikawa couldn't help but copy it. He kissed your head and backed up. "Well... I'll see you around?"

"Call me."

"I will." You watched him leave and walked into the house, you felt yourself sink into the fake door as you suddenly remembered it was fake. A bell went off with a 'cut' following, you jumped and snapped out of it walking over to the director.

"That was beautiful, I felt the chemistry from here. You two have a spark."

"We do? I never noticed.." Oikawa snickered knowing you were being nice for your boyfriend who was sending Oikawa daggers. Over the scenes your boyfriend kept getting kicked off set, and Oikawa didn't mind at all. You were on your way home when you saw the trailer for your movie. You watched it getting into it yourself, you couldn't wait to see the finishing project.

"Y/n?" You looked into the glass seeing Iwaizumi smiling at you.

"Iwa!" You ran into the building hugging the lean fellow. "Hi."

"Hey. I saw your doing a movie with Oikawa? How?"

"I got called in, it was weird at first but... it's okay now."

"You miss him?"

"I'm with someone, Iwa."

"And? Are you in love with him?"

"Iwa."

"Y/n."

"You know I'll always love Oikawa. But that chapter is over for us."

"Is it? You're literally doing a movie about it. Do you wish you could change the outcome?"

"I wish Oikawa would've changed it back then, yes. But we can't. I can't. He really hurt me when he left that night."

"He hurt himself too. I never told you this, but when you two broke up... he sucked at volleyball."

"Very funny."

"No seriously. He got benched in Nationals because he kept screwing up. The man was a wreck."

"Why are you telling me this now?" He looked at the tv and paused it, showing a scene from the trailer. You looked and saw it was one where you weren't looking and Oikawa was.

"Because he's only ever looked at you like that. And I know that smile is real. I know you. And I know..." He grabbed your phone and turned it one showing you a picture of you and your boyfriend, "this one isn't. And he isn't looking at you like that."

"Iwa... I can't keep comparing him to Oikawa. It's wrong. I'm happy-"

"Are you? You know tomorrow is the big scene? The I choose Volleyball?"

"I know."

"You don't get it. I'm saying this because I love you, and I want things to work out for you and Oikawa. That guy in the photo isn't in love with you, and you aren't with him. Oikawa learned his mistake."

"I can't just end it with him." Iwaizumi sighed and turned you around to see your boyfriend with a female.

"He comes in here almost everyday. He made the first move yesterday. There, you have a reason."

"What makes you think he'll fix his mistake?" You asked Iwaizumi, he sighed and patted your head.

"Because I know, Oikawa."

--

When the day came you got more nervous as it was near time. Oikawa couldn't stop pacing, not ready for this scene at all. He stopped when the director called for him, he got in his area and so did you. On the steps but not in a dress. He walked up and smiled at you. "Hey, you waited for me.... what's wrong?"

"Where have you been?"

"Practice I told you that?"

"We had plans, my parents waited for us for 2 hours. Do you know how embarrassing that is? To have to make up an excuse?" Your eyes were already watering up, remembering this fight very vividly. "To come up with any excuse other than saying 'oh he had something come up... what you ask? Volleyball." Oikawa shook his head not wanting to replay this moment.

"That's not fair."

"Really? You wanna talk about fair? I wait up every night till 3 am for you. I cook you meals for when you get home. I don't get a simple thank you. You're never home. You get home at 5 am and up at 7. I never see you. This isn't fair to me."

"I'm trying my hardest. You know how I am, you should've thought about this before getting with me!"

"You kept begging to take me on a date! And that's my fault? I opened my heart to you. I let you in. You said you'd never hurt me. But you did. And I needed you today. And you weren't there." By now you're sure you had tears rolling down your face, Oikawa was also crying this time.

"I..." He began to walk away making you scoff.

"That's right, go back to your one true love. But mark my words. You leave, we're done." Oikawa froze, he knew this all too well, he knew the outcome of this. A life without you. You waited for him to leave, you waited for him to remake his mistake. Instead he turned around and looked at you.

"What is he doing?" The director whispered about to yell cut when Oikawa spoke up.

"I could leave. I could choose volleyball because that's the only thing that's been there for me. I could give you a million reasons to go. But I only need one to stay, you." By now you were a mess. "I know if I leave now, my life will be a wreck without you. I'd get worse at everything. I won't be able to play volleyball right knowing that's what drove away my one true love. You. I won't be able to eat or sleep knowing you weren't home waiting for me. I won't be able to smile or make stupid jokes or go out with friends if it wasn't your smile I'm copying or your laugh I'm hearing at the end of my punchline or being out in public and crave your body next to mine." As he spoke he walked up the fake stairs and grabbed your hands, looking you into your eyes. "I'm not leaving you. I choose you. I'll always choose you. I love you, my sweet, sweet princess." He cupped your cheek and rubbed his thumb across it, wiping off the tears. "I love you." You smiled and quickly stepped onto your tippy toes kissing the boy with all the love and passion in the world.

"I love you, too." You wrapped your arms around him as you let the tears fall. Oikawa rubbed your back letting his head fall in the crook of your neck. "We should go inside." Oikawa smirked and backed away.

"Oh?" You smiled leading him in the house closing the door attaching your lips to his as the woman yelled cut. "I'm sorry I walked away."

"You're here now. I'm just glad I have you back."

"I love you." The director smiled at the two of you as you nuzzled into each other getting lost in your world. She couldn't have asked for a better ending.