Chapter 6: The beginning

the festival was pretty cool from what jungkook experienced, the music guests were really talented, even his soulmate's friend namjoon, who jungkook couldn't deny (even after that chaotic incident moments earlier) had an amazing style of rapping. they met again after the performance to congratulate said boy, who blushed ashamed by his friends' compliments and even answering jungkook's congratulations with a soft "thanks, jungkook". they parted ways after that, hoseok and namjoon leaving to their apartment to rest while jungkook and yoongi stayed to keep wandering around the stands and enjoying each other's company.

when the sun started to set on the horizon, turning the whole festival into a golden hue, both boys settled themselves between other couples, sitting on the grass and admiring the sky changing colors. jungkook sat first, pulling yoongi by the hand to sit next to him, both giggled softly and rested on the grass with their legs crossed, thighs touching, and hands still locked together.

"this turned out really well, didn't it?" the blonde asked softly, face turned to jungkook, big smile on his face, his hair resembling gold flames by the remnants of sunlight.

jungkook just looked at him for a second, admiring how open and happy yoongi looked, still trying to process that he himself was part of the reason of that happiness. his hand moved on his own accord, brushing a strand of hair away from his soulmate's eyes. yoongi blushed cutely, and when jungkook hand wandered to caress his temple, then his cheek, yoongi leaned to the touch as if on an automatic reaction.

yoongi's response made something in jungkook's chest twist, a rushing impulse to be closer to his soulmate and an incredible want to kiss him. his eyes traveled to the blond's lips unconsciously; yoongi must have caught the younger's gaze, as his lips parted softly, and his cheeks flushed even pinker. jungkook knew these were their natural impulses as a dom and a sub, they were being controlled by more than their judgements, but even that realization didn't make it easier to stop himself on leaning slowly to the older. 

what made him stop was actually the other's eyes. even when yoongi was, too, closing the distance, it was his eyes that reflected more than their impulses and biological reactions; the turmoil in yoongi's eyes showed his soulmate's real emotions: concern and worry, that maybe this was too soon, that maybe him or jungkook were not ready yet, that they didn't want to reach this step following instincts they were still learning to control. so jungkook stopped, and even when a glimpse of disappointment settled somewhere inside them, the younger knew this was the right thing.

so instead he decided to plant a kiss on yoongi's head, both smiling sweetly at each other as the sun finished to hide itself, making way for scattered stars to show themselves above them.

after yoongi stated that all the walking had made him a little tired, jungkook offered the older to laid on the grass with his head resting on his thighs. the blond looked around quickly, asking jungkook if it really was okay with him with other people around, and jungkook was surprised to find that he didn't care at all, (this dom thing was not that bad after all, he thought). so they settled like that, yoongi looking up at jungkook while talking about the stuff they saw earlier around the festival and about how he'd come every year since he moved to the city, while jungkook played with some strands on the blond's head.

yoongi then commented about namjoon's performance, and something in jungkook shifted subtly, his eyes left yoongi's face and the hand on his head stopped slowly. the blond didn't miss this and stopped his comment. "jungkook, something wrong?"

the younger looked at him quickly but avoided his eyes again, the hand on his hair starting again to caress his hair as he shook his head quickly.

they stood quiet for a few moments, a weird pause settling between them. "you know you can tell me anything, right?" the older murmured softly.