Chapter 5: The bonding

"kookie, don't be like that."

jimin's voice chirped from jungkook's phone's speaker. "i know it's not what you usually wear but-"

"yeah, that's a given," the younger muttered, a tinge of irritation covering the comment. "jimin, i don't know, this is too much. i'm sure you can look good in this, but i don't."

jungkook was in front of his mom's full body mirror, turning and sighing at how weird he felt in the outfit jimin had picked out for him yesterday.

"don't be silly, i'm sure you look fine. i tried to do something that would look good on you, not me. so c'mon, send me a picture."

jungkook checked himself in the mirror hesitating, but did what his friend said, picking up the phone from the table next to the mirror and snapping a quick picture for jimin.

a ding came from the other side of the call and then a gasp from his friend. "jungkook, shut up, you look hot!"

the boy turned to the mirror perplexed, then looked at the picture he took, checking if he was seeing the same thing. "wha-"

"that black shirt suits you really well, and those jeans! are you sure they're not mine? they are tight," he ranted, sing-sanging the last part.

jungkook turned shyly, the jeans were in fact tight, at least more fitting than the ones he usually wore. they hugged his legs better, and actually made jungkook's body look really-, he stopped his train of thought and turned completely, shaking his head. "they are... nice, i guess. i think my mom got them for me."

"of course she did," jimin replied, "she and i are the best thing that happened to you," tone obvious, as if stating a fact. the younger just rolled his eyes.

three light knocks were heard on the door before his mother peaked from outside, "can i come in?" playful smile resting on her face.

"it's your room, mom," jungkook replied, a similar smile appearing on his face as well.

his mom came in fully and stopped a couple of steps away, then looked at jungkook from head to toe.

"look what we have here, you look really handsome, my boy," she said appreciative. she then came closer to him and started arranging his hair, as if she couldn't resist herself.

"right? i totally told him the same!"

both jungkook and his mother jumped a little at jimin's voice, his mother then catching sight of the phone on the table and laughing soflty. "hi, jimin, i didn't know you were there. are you helping this clueless boy in his first fashion crisis?"

"mom!" jungkook groaned.

jimin laughed entirely at this. "i am, mrs. jeong, if it wasn't for me, your son would have just grabbed a hoodie and those ugly sneakers he opposes to let go of."

his mother looked at him, jokingly shaking his head as if disapproving. jungkook rolled his eyes again.

"but now that you have arrived, i can leave him in your wise hands, bye, mrs. jeong, bye, kookie. don't forget to text me before you meet yoongi, ah, and grab that leather jacket i left on your bed to complete your look, good luck!" and with that, the call ended. jungkook looked at his phone with narrowed eyes, as if his annoyance could be sent to jimin by looking at it.

his mom laughed softly again, heading to sit at the edge of her bed. she stayed silent a couple of seconds, just staring at jungkook with a worried look on her face. she then broke the silence, "so... are you sure everything is fine with you now that you found yoongi?"