Power outage - Tommyinnit (PLAT)

Tw: the dark (I know some people are afraid of the dark, so I'm just putting this here.)
Reader pronouns: any
Length: short

__________________________

Y/n's pov

I was staying the night at Tommy's apartment. He wanted to have a celebratory sleepover for me graduating collage.

We had a few things planned out for our fun filled evening. Tommy suggested to go live at some point and I suggested we baked cookies.

At the moment it was late evening, Tommy was browsing Google to look for things to do while the cookies baked, I lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Hey what do you think about Pictionary?" Tommy asked turning his head towards me.

"We could try yeah, but I think it works better with more people." I say.

"Yeah your right." He huffed and turned back to his laptop.

A few moments passed before Tom spoke again. "What about-"

Suddenly the lights flicked off. My heart dropped. I hated the dark.

The only thing lighting the big room was the dim light coming from Tommy's laptop.

"Tom?" I say as I panicked, I sat upright and turned to him.

"Y/n It's going to be okay. It's just the dark. I'll go fix it." He said as he got out of his chair.

"Wait. Where are you going?" I call.

"To the breaker" he says, "you wanna come with?"

"Nonononono, I'd rather stay here where there is a source of light."

"You sure you'll be okay?" He questioned. Tom did know about my irrational fear of the dark.

"Y-yeah. I'll be fine."

"I'll be as quick as I can." He turned on his heals and headed for the door.

"Okay." I mumble as I stare around the room, the fear already starting to set in. I stood up hoping it would give more security.

The dark corners of the room seemed to get darker the more I looked. Were the getting closer? They can't be. What was that? Did that move?

My mind going a million miles an hour, frantically trying to look for something that my mind won't play tricks on.

What felt like an eternity later, the light flickered back on.

I let out a breath of relief. Not long after Tommy came through.

"You okay?" He asked concerned.

"I think so." I say.

"You sure? You want a hug?"

"Please." I say as I slip into his warm embrace.

"It's fine now. One of the fuses just tripped." He mumbled.

"Good. I don't want to have to spend another minute in the dark." I announced as I pulled away from his arms.

Tommy grinned, "scaredy cat."

"Heyy!" I say as I give him a gentle punch to the arm.

"Geez man you don't have to punt me into the sun." He laughed

"Fuck you." I say with a smile as I flop back onto Tom's bed.

__________________________
A/N: a little shorter than usual but it works! Hope your enjoying!!