Bathroom brake (Pt3) - Wilbur Soot (ROM)

Y/n's pov

I took a sharp intake of air, my eyes began prick with tears at his kind gesture.

The cute bomber jacket you've had since six form,
Adorned with patches of places you've been,

He started singing softly, his voice sending a wave of butterflies in my stomach. I could hear him smiling as he sang. He new that song was my favourite of his, it was so comforting. It was the first song he taught me to play and it was the song that played in the car on our first date.

Is nothing on my khaki coat I got, from the roadside when I was sixteen.

I loved that song with my whole heart.

My boots are from airports,
My backpacks from friends,
I'm not a man of substance and so I'll pretend,
To be a wanderer, wondering,
Leaving ascetic belongings in hostels and restaurant bins.

He started to play the interlude, my favourite part of the song.

"I thought this might help" Wilbur said as he played the melody.

A thank you was all I could manage to say. I was so overwhelmed with the feeling of love and joy.

Wilbur wanted to make sure I was calm and okay. All I wanted to do was hug him and hold him like my life depended on it.

I decided to sing softly along with him.

We sang the last verse and were coming up on the ending of the tune.

The distance is futile,
Come one, don't be hasty,
You'll get that feeling deep inside your bones,
I'll be gone then, for when you must be,
Alone.

I soaked in the moment, listening the Wilbur play the ending of the song.

My body was relaxed. My right shoulder leaning against the door as well as my head, concentrating on the notes.

The song ended, the strings playing out, "Are you okay?" He asked through the door.

"Yeah. Thank you William. Seriously, thank you." I reply.

"I know you love that song. It's just I wish there was more I could do to get you out" he said softly.

I turn my head and press my forehead against the door, "it's okay. You staying here with me is more than enough."

"Really?" He asked

"Definitely" I say smiling.

For the next hour and a half we talked about everything under the sun, it few by. Wilbur occasionally tinkered with the strings and played random strings of notes while we talked.

Wilbur's pov

"Will!" I heard Joe call from the end of the hallway.

"One sec Y/n" I say to her.

I gently place the guitar down and peer round corner.

"Yeah?" I call to Joe.

"They just called again and they said they'd been here in 10-15 minutes!"

"That's great news!" I softly shout back.

I turn back to the door, "did you hear that Y/n? You'll be out soon!"

"Yeah I heard" said her muffled voice, I could hear her smiling.

                            {}

As the time passed, patiently waiting for the officers to get here, I sat up against the door talking to   Y/n.

Joe kept at the other side of the hallway to keep an ear out for them.