Only For You (i'd kill For you) [Part 1]

[[(tw); suicide, murder, almost rape, will be putting (***) on the scenes]]

"Only for you." Shuhua smiles.

Shuhua had always been following Soojin since they were kids. Shuhua despite being smaller and younger had always been Soojin's saviour. Though Soojin is different.

Soojin always try to avoid Shuhua as much as possible, especially when her friends are there. Let's just say she's one of those who are friends with the popular kids and are too embarrassed to introduce their childhood friend to anyone. Soojin acts like she's never met Yeh Shuhua.

It started like this:

Soojin was in seventh grade while Shuhua was in her sixth. Shuhua had never been apart from Soojin, she was always with the older girl during recess and would walk Soojin home. But in seventh grade the older girl would always make excuses, do absolutely everything to avoid Shuhua. Shuhua didn't mind, she was okay with it. She's the one who took an oath to stay by the older girl's side, not Soojin.

"Soojin, let's go home." Shuhua approached her. Soojin didn't join her for lunch and break time, she assumes the older girl had just met some friends and would like to spend some time with them. The younger is okay with that, she can just take Soojin home.

"Sorry, Shuhua, I'm busy. You can take me home tomorrow, not now." Soojin excused. Shuhua nods, bidding her goodbye by tip-toeing to kiss Soojin's forehead and head to her mom's car.

Soojin's friends approached her, not seeing the scene to Soojin's relief.

"Let's go." The one of the girls, James, smiles at her. Soojin smiles when she felt the boy's hand on her waist.

Everyday it was the same, she would make an excuse so she won't have to hang out with Shuhua and swing by James' or Chaewon's place after school.

"But you said that I could take you home tomorrow, which is today." Shuhua says, blinking at the older girl. She didn't know why Soojin was breaking her promise. Was it a promise? She didn't know, but Soojin always stick to her words. Soojin is changing. Shuhua didn't mind.

"I'm sorry, Shuhua, but James and the others invited me. I hope you understand." Soojin excused. Shuhua nods her head slightly before reaching up to kiss Soojin's forehead to which the older girl avoided by pulling away. "You don't have to kiss my forehead everytime we part ways, Shuhua."

The younger frowns. "But it's our thing."

"We're no longer kids, Shuhua. It's not a very friendly thing to kiss someone on the forehead." Shuhua nods, understanding the older girl before she bids her goodbye and head to her mom's car.

Then more change happened: Soojin is kissing the boy named James. It confuses Shuhua for a second, but then she reads that it meant Soojin and James are exclussive. She chose to respect it.

"Hi." Soojin smiles.

Shuhua had always thought the older girl is beautiful, now she's just stunning. Soojin had dyed her hair blonde, Shuhua thinks it fits Soojin.

Shuhua's mood falls when she sees the couple kissing. She quickly shoves her book in her locker before slamming the door closed.

Then more change happened: Soojin is not only ignoring her, but she's noticed the older girl is obviously avoiding her. She wonders what was wrong. Did Shuhua forget about their friendship anniversary? Did Shuhua forget to buy Soojin a gift on the older's birthday. No, she didn't.

Shuhua's in ninth grade and Soojin's a sophomore. Shuhua have noticed how distant they've been, and how Soojin would always brush her off anytime she tries to approach her. It hurts Shuhua, she doesn't know why since the older girl have her own life and she has hers, but she tries to understand.

She'd once intruded Soojin and James making out in the laboratory. Shuhua tries to ignore the heavy feeling in her chest, seeing the girl flushed against someone who's not her. She fails and run away.

Shuhua walked into James and Soojin making out. James was pressed against Soojin who was sitting on the table with her legs wrapped around the guy's waist.

Soojin was the first to pull away but kept her legs around her boyfriend's waist for support. "Oh it's just you." She says it as if Shuhua's just an acquintance, just someone she saw once or twice at school.

Shuhua runs.

James was confused at first but ignored it and went back to Soojin.

Shuhua was shocked at how angry she is. She's never felt any hatred towards anyone, she always think that everyone have their bad days, everyone had someone hating on them for completely no reason, and she has no intention in contributing hate to the world. But she saw how close James is to her Soojin. Her Soojin. The Soojin she grew up with, ate ice cream together in the park, Soojin who taught her how to swim so she won't be scared of water anymore.

She feels devasted, beyond confused.

Shuhua knew what she felt for Soojin was more than a friend, she knew she wanted Soojin. She knew she had feelings for the older girl when Soojin kissed her on the cheek before parting ways. She knew she had a crush on Soojin when she begged her mom to take her back to the park where she met Soojin, asked Soojin's mom for their number so she could invite the older girl to their house and talk to her more.

God, Shuhua's never been so frustrated before.

Shuhua saw how James slapped Soojin across the face when they were fighting at the garden behind the school. She remembered how furious she was that she couldn't even remember what she did to have James lying on the ground with his hand on his bloody lip.

Shuhua remembers how Soojin quickly tends to her boyfriend and shouted at the younger girl for saving her. Shuhua remembers how angry and mad Soojin was at her, and how she felt worse because not only is Soojin avoiding her but pretends like the younger girl doesn't exist.

"No, I saw it. You were completely in awe looking at him. You think you're so attractive? You think you can seduce every guy in this school and neglect your own boyfriend?" James yelled, cursing as he puts his hands on his waist.

"That's not what I meant. Why do you have to make everything about you? Why is everything my fault? You know that I don't give a shit about anyone interested in me. Stop being so paranoid-"

"I'm paranoid? I'm not the one turning my head when my boyfriend catches me eye-fucking someone when I think he's not looking."

(*** assault ***)

"Oh my god, get your head straight-" Soojin didn't even see it coming until she felt a hand against her cheek. Soojin looked at him with hatred.

"What now? You're angry? If you're angry then punch me. Go get that shovel and hit me with it if you're so angry." James fell to the ground with a loud thud...

To be continued...