England 1-0 Austria

Start from the beginning

Liked by @bethmead_, @stanwaygeorgia and 29,341 others
@r.ferguson big win today, well done girls💗

@stanwaygeorgia 🏆
@keirawalsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
@lionesses proud🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

view 10,321 other comments

...

The feeling was surreal after that first match. Georgia was awarded player of the match for an unbelievable performance.

"Well done Stanway" I congratulated her, patting her on the back.

"Since when were we on last name basis?" she laughed.

I just walked off while smirking. I hate the way I feel towards her right now. I hate that I want to be her friend.

...

I got changed, throwing in Georgias hoodie that she threw at me a few weeks ago and grabbed my stuff to head to the plane.

"Hey Riley? Can we sit together on the plane?" Georgia asked.

I was quite confused why she would want to but I agreed.

"Nice jumper by the way" She smirked.

Once we sat in our seats I discovered the reason.

"Can we talk? Please" She asked.

"Only cause you got player of the match" I smirked.

She smiled back, "You know I never meant for us to start hating each other".

"I know, It was kind of inevitable though" I said.

"I guess. We were just such good friends" She sighed.

"I thought you said it was nothing.."

"You know that wasn't true Ri" she replied.

"Don't call me that Georgia. You hurt me, i'm not just going to let you right back in again" A tear fell down my cheek.

"I know I hurt you, I will do everything I can to make it up to you" She wiped the tear off my cheek and I flinched at her touch.

All my feelings were coming flooding back, all the walls I had built came crumbling down after one touch.

I just smiled and nodded, putting my headphones on. That was enough for one day.

...

Once we got back, Georgia went to hang out with Keira and Leah so I had the room to myself.

I decided to call my sister. My sister still stays in Scotland with her boyfriend. I don't see her very often now so it's nice when I get the chance.

"Hi Pen!" I smiled at her

"Hey Ri!! That was such an amazing game, i'm so proud of you"

Penelope and I both played football when we were kids but Penelope decided to go to University instead of pursue a football career.

"Thank you P, how's dad?" I asked.

"He's doing well, always watching you're matches" she smiled.

My mum died a few years ago so it's just my dad now. Sometimes he struggles on his own but we managed to convince him to move to Glasgow to be closer to Penelope.

"That's good. I'm glad he's okay, I always worry."

"I know you do, he's fine though. You know I would tell you if something happened."

"Yeah I know" I smiled.

"Tell Georgia well done for getting Player of the Match" she smirked.

"P! You know we don't talk anymore" I scolded.

"Hmm, I've heard you're roommates"

"Lotte told you didn't she! I hate that you guys talk" I sighed.

"So, are you talking again?" She questioned.

"We talked about things a little earlier. She said she's going to do everything she can to make things up to me" I stated.

"Ri, I'm sure she will and I'm sure she just made a mistake. It was 3 years ago Riley. But please be careful, I don't want to see you that hurt again" she warned.

"I know, I know. I'm not going to let her hurt me again".

I heard the door opening.

"P, I've got to go"

"Is that Penelope?" I heard from behind me

"Hi Georgia" Penelope waved.

"Hey Penelope! How are you?" Georgia smiled.

"Good Good. I'm going to go now but be good to my sister please" She asked.

"I will, don't worry. Bye Penelope" She smiled.

I waved bye and Penelope hung up.

"Aw I missed her" She stated.

"Yeah" I smiled back before putting my headphones on.