Sneaking Out

Synopsis: Thor decides to invite you to watch a sparring match after curfew. Loki insists on personally sneaking you out from under the head maid's watch.

EXT. GARDENS - EVENING

You sit on the grass in the gardens, surrounded by colorful flowers. It's almost like a tent.

You write in your journal about your childhood, continuing to add small details you remember.

You smile and decide to write a pretend story about you as a child with your parents.

As you're writing, you hear a bush rustle.

You sit up straight, looking around. You close your journal.

You hear rustling again. Your heartbeat quickens.

YOU
Who's there?

You hear harsh whispering as if someone were arguing in hushed tones. All of a sudden, a body rolls out of the bushes.

It's Thor.

You stand up.

YOU
Thor?

You walk over to help him off the ground, although you aren't much help considering his size.

Thor stands up and brushes himself off. He lifts his head high as if he meant to fall over.

YOU
What are you doing here... in the bushes?

THOR
Uh... I...

Thor looks at the bush he fell out of.

THOR
Um... I was... watching you... in the grass?

YOU
What? You sound like you don't know why you're here.

THOR
Well that's just it. I don't know why I'm here. One minute, I was poking fun at my brother, the next, I was here.

You squint your eyes in confusion.

THOR
I mean... my brother was no where near here.

Thor coughs.

You stare at Thor.

You lunge at the bush Thor fell out of, pulling the leaves apart to see the other side.

Thor peaks his head in the hole, too.

No one is on the other side.

You let go of the bush. It squeezes back into its normal position.

You pick up your journal and head back inside.

YOU
It was nice seeing you, Thor.

Thor coughs nervously again.

THOR
Goodbye.

As you walk away, Thor punches the air beside him. Loki appears from thin air, bending over with his hand over his stomach.

LOKI
What'd you have to do that for?

Thor chuckles.

THOR
Why do you watch her?

LOKI
She's interesting.

THOR
Ooooh.

LOKI
Shut up, brother.

Loki walks away.

INT. YOUR BEDROOM - MORNING

The sun peaks out over the horizon as you get ready for the day.

You debate in your head whose room you'll clean first. Neither sound very exciting after yesterday. Why do boys have to be so weird? They never seem to tell the truth.