3- Yukigaoka Volleyball Club

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to teach you some basics of Volleyball," I said as I turned to Shoyo.

Shoyo's eyes widened with a mixture of surprise and anticipation. "You know how to play volleyball?" he asked, his voice filled with excitement.

Understanding the significance of Shoyo's aspiration to create a volleyball club, I recognized the importance of equipping him with a solid foundation in the sport. It would be embarrassing if the captain of the volleyball team lacked fundamental skills.

With a reassuring nod, I confirmed Shoyo's question. "Yes, I do. I've played volleyball before."

Taking the key in hand, I approached the gymnasium door. Inserting the key into the lock, I turned it with a satisfying click, signaling our entry into the hallowed grounds of volleyball training.

Stepping inside, we were greeted by the sight of a well-maintained gymnasium. The polished wooden floors stretched out before us, pristine and ready to bear witness to our journey. The walls were adorned with colorful motivational posters, showcasing inspirational messages and images of accomplished volleyball players.

Shoyo's eyes widened in surprise as he turned to me, curiosity etched across his face.

"Aniki, how come you never told me that you know how to play volleyball?" he asked, his voice tinged with both astonishment and a hint of playfulness.

I met his gaze, a mischievous smile forming on my lips. "Well, Shoyo," I replied, my voice laced with a teasing tone, "that's because you never asked me before."

Shoyo let out a good-natured sigh, a mixture of amusement and mock exasperation evident in his expression. "I should have seen that answer coming," he said, shaking his head with a hint of a smile.

Amused by his reaction, I reached out and ruffled his hair affectionately. "Don't worry, Shoyo. I've got plenty of volleyball knowledge to share with you now," I reassured him, my tone warm and encouraging.

Realizing there were tasks at hand, I shifted my attention to the practical aspect. "Shoyo, could you help me fetch some volleyballs?" I asked, the request accompanied by a friendly tone.

Shoyo nodded eagerly, his energy revitalized by the prospect of actively participating in our training session.

Shoyo and I ventured further into the gymnasium. Making our way toward the equipment storage area, we located a stack of vibrant volleyballs neatly arranged in a corner.

Together, Shoyo and I grabbed a few volleyballs, the smooth texture of the balls fitting comfortably in our hands.

The weight and familiarity of the equipment reminded me of the countless hours I had spent practicing and honing my skills in my previous life.

With the volleyballs in hand, we made our way back to the center of the gymnasium. Finding an open area, I gestured for Shoyo to stand beside me.

"All right, Shoyo, let's start with some warm-up exercises," I began, placing the volleyballs on the floor. "We'll begin by focusing on your footwork and agility."

I guided Shoyo through a series of dynamic warm-up drills, emphasizing the importance of proper foot placement and quick movements.

We practiced side shuffles, high knees, and lateral lunges to activate his muscles and prepare his body for the volleyball training session ahead.

With a firm clap of my hands, I asserted, "Okay then," capturing Shoyo's attention. "I will teach you some basic skills in volleyball, starting with the proper form for receiving."

I positioned myself in front of Shoyo, using visual cues to guide him through the receiving technique. With careful precision, I demonstrated the ideal body posture, the angle of the arms and hands, and the positioning of the feet. Shoyo's eyes were fixed on my every move, absorbing the details of the technique.