Leona stopped for a moment, sparing the confused girl a quizzical look, before resuming her mopping and humming a soft tune to stop herself from eavesdropping.

"George?" Evelyn almost asked as she took off her apron with her spare hand, walking to the separate room at the back of the store for staff only. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, everything's great." The man spoke quickly through the phone, his calm voice travelling through to Evelyn's right ear as she hooked the apron onto the back of the exit door. "I just wanted to ask if you were busy tonight? Alex and I are gonna have a get together for the new house, so . . . yeah, that was it, really."

"Is Max gonna be there?" Evelyn grinned, laughing aloud as she heard the boy on the other end of the phone groan.

"I hate it when you two are together, you always gang up on me," George said with annoyance.

"I'm only joking, Clarkey. Of course I'll be there! Text me the time and place," the blonde smiled softly. She tugged her hair out of the bun she'd messily done earlier that morning.

"Will do. See you soon," George said before hanging up the call. Excitedly, Evelyn bounced back into the main part of the store, a wide grin adorning her face. Leona looked up with raised brows.

"Guess who got invited to a party?" The blonde laughed as she bounded the corner, arms up in the air in triumph. Leona laughed as she placed the mop back into the bucket. A splash of water landed on her coffee-stained converse. "Do you wanna come? I can ask if you can come?"

"No, no, I'm too tired for partying. You have fun though, but not too much," Leona teased with a tilt of her head. Evelyn smiled as she leant over the clean counter.

"Do you want me to stay back?"

"I'm almost done," Leona shrugged. "I got it."

Evelyn grinned, leaning over to kiss her friend's forehead with a loving smile. "You're the best. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Evie. Don't miss me too much!" She shouted to the girl who was already half way out of the store. The blonde span on her heel with a bright grin.

"I'll try not too!" She yelled back before letting the door shut softly behind her.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

new instagram post from eviebradshaw

liked by georgeclarkeey, leonaqueen and 3976 others

eviebradshaw two hours ago I was covered in flour