i. Boss

{CHAPTER ONE}

─BOSS─

"I Want To Know Where Your Boss Is Hiding?"

It's the dead of night. Most people were either in their beds, counting sheep or out partying until they dropped. But most people won't imagine themselves fighting crime. It's dangerous and terrifying, plus the police would handle it. That's what Sophia thought 3 years ago. She watched as her city erupted into flames. Her beloved city was ruined but instead of worrying about the people. She worried about her family. She and Venom tried their best to protect while being discreet. It wasn't until her arch nemesis sent his men and ruined her family.

On that day, they both vow to protect New York. That is why Sophia is standing in a pool of blood, surrounded by headless bodies. She licks up the last bit of blood on her razor sharp teeth before looking around.

“Oh, shit” Sophia cursed.

What?

“Did we eat the last one?”

I don’t know. Did we?

“How many heads did you eat?!”

I wasn’t keeping track. I was hungry.

“I told you that we need at least one person for information. One person!” Sophia runs her hands up and down her face.

Don’t blame me! You have been feeding me chicken nuggets and tater tots for the past week!

The woman sighs as she starts counting the bodies. "Nine, ten, eleven…" she scans the room, trying to locate the last body. But was nowhere to be found. "We're missing number twelve" right on cue, someone runs out of the darkness and races towards the exit. He stumbles off his feet as he let out roaring sobs.

Found him.

The black goo extended Sophia’s arm and wrapped itself around the man's feet. He cries and screams for help as he's being dragged towards her. The man digs his nails against the cement floor but his efforts are in vain once he finally stops in front of the vigilante.

Sophia and Venom watch him violently shake and weep. The man finally looks up at the woman and screeches in fear. He saw what she had done to his colleagues. How her mouth opens so wide that you can see the dark abyss and how her razor sharp teeth chomp his coworkers’ necks in half. “Please let me go!” he pleads. “I’ll give you whatever you want! You want money? That’s no problem. You want someone killed? Not an issue! Just let me go!”