Chapter 8: The Accident

Third Person's POV

The next morning, Zephany and Zephire got ready for school as usual. Zephire had been thinking about their fight last night, and she wanted to try and make things right with her sister.

"Zephany, can we talk?" Zephire asked as they walked to the car.

"What do you want to talk about?" Zephany replied coldly.

"I just want to make things right between us," Zephire said, hoping her sister would listen.

Zephany stopped walking and turned to face her sister. "I don't want to talk about it, Zephire. You hurt me, and I don't think I can forgive you."

Zephire's heart sank at her sister's words. She had hoped that they could work things out and be close again, but it seemed like Zephany wasn't interested.

As they approached the car, Zephire tried to get in on the driver's side to sit next to her sister, but Zephany pushed her away.

"Get in the back, Zephire. I don't want to sit next to you," Zephany said, her voice icy.

Zephire felt hurt and rejected as she climbed into the back seat. She couldn't understand why her sister was being so cold and distant, and it made her feel even worse than before.

As they drove to school, Zephire tried to make conversation with her sister, but Zephany was unresponsive. Zephire could see that her sister was lost in thought, and she didn't want to push her too hard.

Suddenly, a car came out of nowhere and hit their car from the side. Zephire was thrown forward, hitting her head on the seat in front of her.

Zephany was in shock as she realized what had happened. She had been so lost in thought that she hadn't even noticed the other car coming.

As they waited for the ambulance to arrive, Zephany couldn't help but feel guilty. She had pushed her sister away and now she was hurt because of it.

When they arrived at the hospital, Zephire was rushed into surgery. Zephany sat in the waiting room, her head in her hands, tears streaming down her face.

She didn't know what to do. She had pushed her sister away, and now she was paying the price. Zephany knew she had to make things right, but she didn't know how.