Hogwarts Party - Part 19

Hermione's POV:

"Mione! Come on! I wanna see!" Ginny shouted from the other side of the bathroom door. She was helping me decide what dress to wear for the party tonight. It had to be red or gold. And i felt like i had finally found the right one.

"Okay. I'm coming out" i shouted back as i opened the bathroom door to show her. Ginny was sitting on her bed as i walked out. I had decided to get dressed at the Burrow so i could go to the party with Harry and Ron.

"Oh wow" Ginny said as her jaw dropped "you look drop dead gorgeous" Based on Ginny's reaction i was now completely sure this was the dress.

———————————————————————————————

Draco's POV:

"Why does it have to be Fancy clothes?" Theo complained as we all got ready in the guest room of the manor.

"Because it's a celebration you idiot" Matteo rolled his eyes as he walked over to the sofa and sat down "is anyone excited to see anyone?" He asked

"I am" me and Theo both said in unison

"So then why are you complaining?" Matteo asked Theo "who are you excited to see?"

"Non of your business. Besides, it's only an off chance they'll be there" Theo retorted as he ran a hand through his hair. I was standing in front of the mirror, straightening out the collar on my white dress shirt. All of us were wearing similar outfits. White shirts, black dress pants, black blazer jacket and our Slytherin rings. Blaise had added some chains and Matteo had on a bracelet made of leather.

I was checking the mirror every few minutes, straightening out every wrinkle. I had to look my best. I had to act my best. I had to speak my best. I couldn't mess this up. Non of us could if we wanted our second chance to last, but i couldn't mess it up even more because Hermione would be watching.

"Malfoy, you can stop checking your collar it's fine. Plus i'm sure if it gets messed up Granger will come fix it for you" Blaise nudged me in the side as he made his remark, at which i nudged him back. Blaise had known the longest about my crush on Hermione, i told Matteo and Theo a whole year later. I knew it was an impossible goal. The Gryffindor Golden girl. Wait she got angry last time i said that. Not going there again.

"Boys are you ready to go?" My mother called from downstairs

"Coming mother"
"Coming Mrs Malfoy"
Me and all the boys shouted back to my mom before rushing out the room and downstairs. We knew better than to keep my mom waiting.

My mother gave each of us a hug and a small kiss on the cheek whilst my father shook each of our hands. We made our way out to the front of the manor and apperated to Hogsmeade in order to walk to Hogwarts.

Once we arrived, the air was cool and we all set of instantly for the castle.

I felt nervous. But i doubt i felt as nervous as Matteo. After everything that had happened, i was worried for what would happen to him if things went south.

Soon we had reached the entrance to the school and Professors McGonagall was waiting at the door, checking off names as we entered. She greeted us with a soft smile before allowing us to enter. All 4 of us went straight into the hall and found a table in the corner, near where our old house table was sat.