Blaise's problem- part 18

Draco's POV:
Our peace was ruined by the sound of footsteps rushing down the upstairs corridor. I could hear them coming incredibly fast towards my room.

Just then the door to my room was pushed open and smacked lightly into my wall. Just a few moments later, i caught a glimpse of blonde hair rushing toward my sofa.
Lexi was here.

She was giggling as she climbed onto my sofa and began jumping up and down. I looked up at her, as did Hermione who started to laugh. I let go of her hand and leant forwards.

"Good morning Lexi" i said

"Goooood morning!!" She shouted , continuing to jump on my sofa. Her jumping was causing my clothes to move around, some falling to the floor.
"Draco! Draco! Did you hear? Did you hear?" She was shouting at the top of her lungs, clearly too excited to question why Hermione was here.

"Did i hear what?" I looked at her smiling, but also confused about what she was talking about

"We're going to a party!" She said twirling around while jumping

"Really?" I asked.
A party? What party? Why didn't i know of this.

"Indeed" i heard my mothers voice say from behind me.
Shit.
What the hell is she gonna say about Hermione in my bed?

"Good morning Mother" i said turning myself around as Hermione moved herself back towards the top of my bed.

"Good morning. Hello Miss Granger, pleasure to see you again" Mother said politely with a gentle smile.

"Hello Mrs Malfoy, it's a pleasure to see you also. How have you been?" Hermione stuttered her words

"I've been well" mother nodded at Hermione before turning to me "Draco, your sister is right. We're going to a party tonight. Our whole family, as the months have passed and Hogwarts has been restored. They're hosting a party for all those wishing to return to the school for another year, of course you are hence we shall be going"

"Hogwarts is restored?" Hermione interrupted with a tone of surprise yet sadness

"Yes miss Granger, i suspect you shall also be attending"

"Of course, i wouldn't miss it for the world. I look forward to seeing you there later"

"As do i" My mother looked over to my sister "come on Lexi, lets go get you some breakfast"

Lexi was continuing to jump on the sofa, unfazed by what my mother had said. She kept jumping on my sofa, as my clothes kept moving from the impact. Soon my pyjamas had moved beneath her feet, as she jumped her balance became unstable. She was falling in the air, unable to regain her balance and land on the sofa. I lunged forward in an efforts to catch her.
But she didn't fall. She was floating in the air. Her eyes closed from fear. I took a moment to take in this situation. Looking behind me and noticing how Hermione Granger had her wand pointed towards Lexi, keeping an intense look of focus and worry.

I quickly took Lexi in my arms as to let Hermione stop casting the spell. She took a breath of relief.

"Thanks" i said walking over to my bedroom door, kissing Lexi on the head before passing Lexi to my mother, who gladly took her downstairs for breakfast.

"Of course, you wouldn't have caught her in time" Hermione said placing her wand on my nightstand.

"Good to know you still underestimate my abilities" i said picking my clothes up off the floor. I threw my clothes over my shoulder and went back over to my bed. "What...uh...what do you wanna do now?" I asked her.