xi. any other way

Magsimula sa umpisa

"The bulgogi gimbap, extra kimchi." Madison shrugged knowingly.

Minho looked at Dae in disbelief, shaking his head and going back to his original spot.

"Students, roll call before lunch."

On cue, Evelyn came back from the bathroom, sitting down.

"Where's Kitty?" She mumbled to MInho.

He just shrugged as an answer, looking around the room.

"Hey." Dae whispered to their table, "They're not here yet, Lee's gonna catch them."

"I got this." Florian nodded, taking a deep breath before walking to the Professor.

The two conversed for awhile, while the remainder of the friend group watched in anticipation.

Professor Lee assigned Madison to watch the group, before walking out.

Evelyn let out a sigh of relief, sending Florian a smile.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

After awhile, when Professor Lee came back, Kitty and Yuri we're still not in their seats.

Evelyn bit her lip anxiously, eyeing the entrance of the library.

Professor Lee started calling the students one by one when Evelyn spotted Kitty and Yuri crouched from behind the bookshelf just by their Professor.

"Shit." Evelyn mumbled, meeting the eyes of her sister.

"Help me." The younger Covey sibling mumbled.

Evelyn nodded, raising her hand slightly.

The Professor just looked at her, "Yes? Ms. Covey?"

"I have an emergency." Evelyn mumbled.

He shot her a look, "It's personal."

Professor Lee sighed, walking up to her.

This gave Kitty and Yuri the time to rush into their seats.

Evelyn mumbled a few words about going to the infirmary due to cramps.

"Alright, you can go later."

She thanked Professor Lee but sent him a questioning look, and he made his way back to the front.

Evelyn looked back at her younger sister, seeing Kitty's eyes follow Yuri's figure.

She smirked, slowly walking to her, and sitting on Yuri's original spot.

"It was about Yuri, wasn't it?" Evelyn grinned, talking about the dream she had earlier.

Kitty sent her a look, not answering.

"I knew it!" Q exclaimed, pulling his chair to sit with them.

"Look who's the matchmaker now."

"It's us — "

"I know."

Evelyn pursed her lips. "Hey, you're dream was about Minho, wasn't it?"

"I forgot about that." Q gasped, pointing at Evelyn.

Evelyn didn't answer but leaned back into her chair before walking to Minho.

"She literally just went to him, it's a sign."

"I love matchmaking." Q snickered.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

When detention was finally over, Kitty called her to the side, along with Alex.

"Weird day, huh?" Kitty chuckled.

Evelyn nodded, "Well, that's what we get for underage drinking."

"I'm glad you two are okay, I was worried about you guys. As your Teacher and your half-brother." Alex whispered.

"About that, I have something to show you guys." Kitty spoke, pulling out a yearbook and flipping it to a certain page. "I guess Evelyn was right after all."

"That's our mom," Kitty pointed to the portrait. "Clearly not pregnant, but Jina.."

Evelyn's mouth parted.

"Principal Lim," Alex repeated, "Principal Lim. She could be my mother."

Kitty nodded slowly, handing him the yearbook.

Evelyn's hand rested on her sisters shoulder, as the two continued to look at the yearbook.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

"Okay it's time to go, bus leaves in twenty."

Evelyn rushed out of the room, to see Kitty and Dae still sat on the couch. "It's not fun seeing my friends all coupled up." She slouched.

Kitty told her instantly about the kiss she shared with Dae the day before.

"I mean Minho's singl — "

"No!"

"Nope!" Minho exclaimed, entering the scene with luggage in his hand.

Evelyn frowned at the boy, putting on her jacket, "We're going camping, for two days. You look like you're going on a cruise."

"I wish." Minho sighed, "That's why I packed light."

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

The group of five walked to the bus stop together. Kitty, Evelyn and Q behind Minho and Dae.

Kitty was rambling about how Dae hasn't been opening up to her, while Q and Evelyn keep convincing her to sort out all her feelings about Yuri.

The five separated, leaving Evelyn alone with her thoughts, as she was about to go in the bus, she saw Madison jump into Minho's arms.

Evelyn felt a hint of jealousy pinch her, looking at the two from afar, not knowing she was blocking the entrance of the bus.

She cleared her throat and sat at the back of the bus, pulling put her earphones and shuffling her Taylor Swift playlist.

She leaned her head onto the window, closing her eyes.

Not long after, she felt a presence sit down beside her. Evelyn didn't bother to look up, ignoring the taps on her shoulder.

"I'm sitting here." The voice said mischievously, "Wether you like it or not."

Evelyn met the eyes of Minho, mumbling a small "Okay." then closing her eyes once again.

Minho was expecting for her to bicker back, but he ignored it for the time being, seeing that she was in a mood.

The two sat in silence for most of the ride there.

A few minutes after the bus took off, they were now on a rocky road, which led to Evelyn's head to constantly bump into the window since she was leaning on it.

Minho cupped one side of her cheek, pressing her head into his shoulder gently.

He removed one of her earbuds and placed in his ear, listening to the songs on her playlist.

She was fast asleep on his shoulder, and Minho wouldn't have it any other way.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮ | tvvlip speaks !
short chapter 😭😭 but that's
because y'all have to get ready for
the next chapters 🌚