Prolog

Clary
Every time me and Alec ended up alone in the woods,I found myself staring at him.I couldn't help it. He was so handsome! Every time he smiled,his dimples caught my attention,making me often wonder:How would it feel to kiss his cute dimples?"
When he spoke I couldn't concentrate at all.All I could see were his pink and full lips uttering words I didn't hear.
What the hell!What's wrong with me?!I have a boyfriend.His name is Jace.I can't possibly be in love with his brother,can I? I don't want to hurt his feelings,because I know how much he loves me. And I...love...him.
Why am I doubting my feelings?
-Hello!Earth to Clary!Do you hear me?
Alec asked me,chuckling.
-Sorry,I got distracted for a moment,I told him,not daring to look him in the eye.
-I could see that,he chuckled.What were you thinking about?Jace? he asked me,politely,lifting my chin to make me look him in the eye.
-Not really. Actually, I was thinking about you,I whispered,losing myself in his blue eyes.
He was taken aback by my answer because he took two steps back and didn't know what to say for a few minutes.He kept staring at me intensely,making me tremble under his gaze.
-You're confusing me,Clary. Why would you think of me of all people ?What do you want to know about me? he asked me.
-It's nothing really.If I tell you ,you will think it's silly,I told him,avoiding the topic.
-I promise I won't laugh.
-It's really embarassing,I hesitated.
-It's ok.I promise I won't judge you.You can trust me,he told me,grabing my hand,touching it gently,smiling at me.I swear I could feel butterflies dancing in my stomach.
-I wanted to ask you if you are gay,I told him,embarrassed.
-No,I am not. I like girls.Why would you think that?He asked me right away,amazed.
-Well,I saw Magnus flirting with you earlier,I told him.
-Yeah,but I rejected him.I told him that I was in love with someone else,he told me,not daring to look me in the eye.
When I heard that,my heart broke.
Maybe he was in love with some other girl and not me.
-Who?I asked him.
-I can't tell you.It's too embarrasing,he said,blushing lightly.
-Do I know her?
-Yes.But I can't tell her how I feel,because she is with someone else and she seems happy with him.I don't want to ruin their relationship...I told you too much,he said,avoiding looking me in the eye.
I lift his chin and look him in the eye.
His eyes are so beautiful and are sparkling.
I hesitated for a moment before I asked him:
-Alec..That girl...is me,isn't it?
He noded,blushing.
I also blushed.I couldn't believe that my crush also had feelings for me.
-Anyway,you don't have to say anything,Clary.I know it's only one sided,he told me,depressed. It doesn't bother me.I'd rather have you as my friend in my life than not having you at all.Although,it will be hard for me to see you with Jace.
I stroke his cheek gently,taking him by surprise.I look at him lovingly,not knowing what to say to him.If I admit that I also have feelings for him,he will probabily kiss me and I can't reject him,because I like him.
But If I don't reject him ,it will mean that I will cheat on Jace.
This is so messed up.I don't know what to do or say.
I finally tell him.
-I like you too.But we can't be together,because of Jace.I don't want to hurt his feelings.
-I understand.
-Please don't cry.I don't want to hurt you,I told him,wiping his tears with the tip of my fingers.
-Can I at least kiss you for the first and last time?He asked me.
I didn't give him an answer,because I didn't know how I was supposed to react. He bent down slightly to reach the same height as me and kissed me briefly on the lips. His lips were so soft against mine.I could feel thousand butterflies in my stomach.
After a moment,he put his arms around my waist,pulling me closer to him and kissed me again,passionately .
I could feel his tongue playing with mine.Our tongues were dancing a nice tango. It felt so right even though I knew it was wrong.But we couldn't stop.He tasted so good and his black hair was so soft! And his perfume was making me go crazy.

Eventually,we ran out of oxygen so we both stopped,staring at each other.
-Wow!We both said in unison.
On our way home,sometimes,our shoulders would accidently touch each other,but nobody said anything.
I could feel his thumb stroking my hand gently,giving me butterflies.But I didn't say anything.I didn't stop him.I didn't want to.Eventually,we arrived home,without uttering a single word to each other,and avoiding eye contact.
We didn't even speak about the kiss.
It was as if it didn't happen.
At home.
"Ok,guys what's wrong with you?" Isabelle,Alec's sister asked us.
"What do you mean?Nothing happened." I lied to her.I didn't want to create problems between Alec and Jace.
"Don't try to deny it ,Clary.Something did happen. It is the first time since I see my brother so lost and so thoughtful.
You also seem lost.Like you are in a difficult situation and don't know what to do about it.Besides,when both of you arrived home,you avoided eye contact.So, spill the beans! I promise I won't tell anyone and I will not judge you.
Damn it!She knows us so well.
-Ok,but promise me you won't freak out,I warned.
She noded,waiting for an answer.
I took a deep breath and I finally told her:
-Alec kissed me and I kissed him back.
Isabelle looked at me amazed,without uttering a word.
-Am I a bad person?I asked her.
-No,you're not.You can have feelings for two people at the same time.
That doesn't make you a bad person,she told me. By the way,I can't believe that you two kissed.How was it?Is he a good kisser?she asked me,teasing me.
-Izzy!This is serious!If Jace finds out,we will both be doomed. And I think it won't happen again.
I don't want to hurt Jace's feelings.
-Clary,you can't control feelings. Sooner or later,you two might end up in this situation again.So tell me,when did you start having a crush on my brother?she asked me,smiling.
- For almost a year.
-You like him for a year and you didn't do anything about it?she asked me,shocked.
-What was I supposed to do? Jace liked me back then and Alec hated me.
-I think Alec never did.He is cold with people before he knows them better.
-My feelings are a mess! I whispered to her.
-Hey,baby!Jace came to me and kissed my cheek,taking me by surprise.I looked for a brief second at Alec,who seemed jealous.He frowned at Jace.
What were you two talking about?
At least he didn't notice the gaze Alec threw him.
To be continued...