The radish's eye smiles shot pins through Y/n's heart causing Hyewon to glance over each time.

Focus. You're getting too distracted.

Like a shock of electricity, a sudden unease jolted Y/n out of his bliss. He scanned the room, sighing the feeling away. He turned to Hyewon, filling his eyes with adoration as he watched her unyielding focus. Eventually, Chaewon separated from the group, wiping her sweaty forehead as she rested her head against the mirror.

"Is it boring sitting here?' she asked.

Y/n shrugged, "Not really; I either watch you guys or stare off into space."

"And you can do that for hours on end?" Chaewon giggled.

"How long have we been here for?" Y/n questioned.

Chaewon chuckled her phone, chortling, "Three hours."

Y/n turned toward Hyewon, marveling in her angelic presence. She moved with the beat, giving each motion a subtle elegance. It didn't flow smoothly like Chaeyeon or attract the eye like Chaewon; it held a feeling that only Hyewon could express.

"I guess so," Y/n breathed. "I don't feel any boredom, and don't mind sitting in range so I don't hinder Hyewon--it's the least I can do."

"That's very kind of you," Chaewon remarked.

"Thanks."

Chaewon sighed as she set her water bottle down. "What time did you go to sleep last night?"

"Right after we finished texting," Y/n replied. His eyes followed Hyewon's movements, occasionally catching her eye and a slight smile.

"Oh, same!" Chaewon giggled. "I passed right out. Unnie didn't yell at me as well, so that's a win."

Chaewon wagged a peace sign through the air, giggling as Y/n turned to her. He sighed in relief, glancing at the hard working leader.

"Yeah. I was wondering how I was going to endure a scolding from her. She's already really scary..."

"She won't be as scary once she warms up to you," Chaewon assured.

Y/n closed his eyes, imagining the warm smile he associated the leader with from his screen. "I hope so."

Chaewon nudged Y/n's arm with her elbow, grabbing his attention once more. "How's it like being a guy surrounded by twelve beautiful maidens like us?" she asked, pulling her hair behind her ear.

Though by the skin of his teeth, Y/n suppressed the surge of blood to his head. He turned away, biting his lip in hopes none of the practicing members would notice.

"I don't see half of you often, and the other four I see every now and then because Hyewon ssi stays cooped up in her room all day," Y/n explained.

"There goes my joke..." Chaewon pouted.

Y/n chuckled, rubbing the top of the radish's head, "My bad. I am in heaven though. I've got an angel sitting right next to me."

Chaewon smacked the man's arm, scoffing, 'You flirt."

The two laughed as Hyewon approached them, her face tinged with a light pink.

"Let's go. I'm hungry."

"Are you okay, Unnie?" Chaewon frowned. "You're flushed."

"I'm okay. I just exerted myself too much," Hyewon dismissed.

"Alright. Make sure you drink lots of water."

Hyewon hummed, dragging Y/n by the tie. With the few moments he had left, Y/n waved toward Chaewon, earning a gentle smile and a wave back.

Joy flourished through Y/n's body, spreading a tingling feeling through his limbs. He sat happily on the vending machine bench, recalling Chaewon's gentle voice.

"You flirt."

He clenched his jaw, tapping his foot in hopes the swirling feeling in his stomach would leave. Chaewon's aegyo voice replayed in the man's mind, causing his glee to seep through the tie.

As Hyewon extended a pack of candy and water toward Y/n, eyeing his pursed smile, she pondered how to get his attention away from Chaewon.

It's like I'm not here at all... What makes her so likeable, but not me?

Hyewon recalled the brief interactions between the two she watched.

Was it something in their texts? I can't really check his phone...

While she picked at her food, Hyewon glanced toward her tie partner. She observed the giddy feeling that warmed her heart, cursing the bitter taste it left in her mouth.

"Do you like Chaewon?"