1| Field Trip

Começar do início

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

"I've got it. I have everything I need, I swear." I said, and she nodded in response, taking a deep breath.

My mom has always hated being away from me. Ever since what happened with my shitbag of a father. That, and the fact that she's a very anxious person.

At the ripe age of six, I met my father, for the first time. He stayed around for a few weeks before disappearing again.

He ran off, not too long after I was born. According to him, he couldn't handle his fatherly duties.

In other words, he was a shitty man and couldn't stick around to be a dad to his daughter.

Instead, he drank. He drank and that meant more to him than anything else. That meant more to him than me.

He showed back up a little while after I turned eight. I didn't know any better, I was excited to see him the very few times he came around. Finally, when I turned nine, he came back again and more often.

That's when the visitations began. After the incident, the visitations stopped. My mom pulled strings, got an amazing lawyer and took me away from him. That didn't stop him from showing up, of course.

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

One time, my father picked me up, for our weekly, court ordered visitation. He took me back to a filthy motel. He ended up shitfaced drunk and left nine year old me, alone. I eventually found ways to occupy myself though. I read my books, colored and watched the broken down television for a bit.

A few hours had gone by, and I'd gotten hungry. When I went to wake him up, he jolted awake. In a drunken haze, he fumed with anger. His angry words that I struggle to remember, spewed from his mouth. Before I knew it, his hand harshly met the side of my face. With tears streaming down my cheeks, I left the motel where sketchy people were hanging around outside.

I continued to run. I didn't stop until I reached my house which was thankfully one mile away. It's safe to say that my mom was livid when she saw me.

"Honey? We're here." my mom dragged me out of my walk down memory lane, grabbing my attention.

"Bye mom. I love you." I said, as she was already reaching over to shower me in hugs and kisses.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Text me when you get there." she pulled me close, placing one last kiss on my forehead.

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

I stepped out of the car, grabbing my backpack and heading towards where the busses were parked.

As I approached the busses, panic set in when I saw the doors closing. I'm here on time. Why are the busses getting ready to leave already?

There are three busses, two of which have closed their doors. I sighed in relief as the third busses' doors were still ajar.

I quickly dashed up the stairs with a thankful smile on my face until I realized how full the bus is.

Fuck me.

"You need to take your sit, Miss." the bus driver said. No shit, Mister.

I looked around to see that all of the seats had two people in them. All except for one.

My eyes widened as I saw a girl, with a mess of blonde curls, standing up, leaning on the seat in front of her.

"You can sit with me, gorgeous." Tate Collins called out to me causing my face to turn red as everyone around us laughed.

This is going to be a long bus ride.

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

960 words 💞

A/N- HI!!!

If you're here from any of my previous stories such as "My Point" or "Regaining Her Heart"...Hello my loves 💞

If not, welcome! I hope you'll stick around!

I was very anxious to release this in hopes that y'all will like it. I'm not sure if I started this story in a good enough way to make people want to continue reading, let me know!

Now, if you saw my announcement, I said that I'd release at least five chapters when I release this story...however, that clearly did not happen 😭 Buttt at least I'm releasing it earlier 🤷🏽‍♀️

Please be patient, I'm working on more stories than I should be. I promise the other chapters are in the works and will be available to you shortly.

Thank you for choosing "Adoring Animosity" :)

-defnottb 💋