We arrived at my house twenty minutes later; Chloe and Sarah pulled into the driveway behind me. Ashton's car was in his driveway, which meant he was probably in his room with Claudia. The thought of them together made me sick to my stomach. The minute I opened the door and set my purse on the table by the door, I ran upstairs to my room to make sure my curtains were closed in case Ashton was having sex with Claudia. Again, I wrinkled up my nose at the thought. 

I flung my door open and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw my curtains were closed. I didn't want Chloe and Sarah to walk in and witness Ashton and Claudia's sexcapade. No one wants to witness that bullshit. 

"Gem, where are you?" Chloe hollered from the stairs. 

"In my room." I peeked my head out into the hallway. I walked over to my vanity to check my makeup and fix my hair. 

"Oh, by the way, your mom just pulled into the driveway as we walked into the house." Chloe and Sarah sat at the end of the bed and swiped their phones on. "What kind of coffee are you going to get today?" Chloe asked, not taking her eyes off her phone. "I want to try something different, but I'm not sure what." 

I sat there at my vanity, staring at them in the mirror, shaking my head, knowing full well she wasn't going to get something different. Sarah briefly peeked up from her phone, caught my gaze, smiled, and shook her head, agreeing that  Chloe wouldn't get something different. 

"So, what are you two getting?" Chloe looked up, and we quickly returned to what we were doing before she caught us. "I don't know, maybe I will just get the same thing." She looked down, swiping her thumb across her phone. 

"Hey, girls." Mom walked up the stairs and stood in the doorway to my room. 

"Hi, Mom." I kept my eyes on the mirror as I twisted my hair into a bun. 

"Hi, Stephanie." Chloe and Sarah glanced up from their phones. 

"Where are all of you going? Do you need some money?" 

"Coffee, and I could use a little money. Thanks, Mom." I turned around, smiling. 

"Here you go." She walked over, handing me some money. "Are you meeting anyone in particular?" She smiled. 

"Mom..." I rolled my eyes. 

"Sorry." She laughed, turning to walk out of the room. "Have fun, girls. I've got to get ready for a date myself." She looked over her shoulder, smiling. "Why don't you girls stay the night with Gemma tonight?" 

"That's a great idea." 

"I'm in." Sarah's fingers started gliding over her phone. "I just have to text Mom and let her know, and then go pick up my stuff later." 

"I would, but I'm going out with Braedon tonight. Sorry, Gem. But I still want to get coffee with  my best friends." She smiled. 

I got off my vanity bench and walked over to Mom, who was still standing halfway in my room and hallway. I hugged her and told her I'd see her in the morning because I knew she'd be home late tonight. Mom told us to be careful and that she loved us girls and went to her room to get ready. She quickly stuck her head out of her room and told us to have fun. We waved, walking toward the stairs, and I told her I would take Sarah to her house to get her stuff after coffee. 

                                                                                 *****

Thanks to Friday afternoon traffic, we arrived at Sweet Escape thirty minutes later. I pulled in next to Chloe's SUV and grabbed my purse as Sarah opened the passenger door to get out. 

"Hey, is that..." Sarah pointed over toward the back of the parking lot. 

I followed her gaze and saw Noah's car parked in the corner of the parking lot. "Yeah." I smiled, bending down and looking in the side mirror to check my hair and makeup. I fixed the pieces of hair hanging by my face and put on some lip gloss. Sarah and Chloe told me I looked great and that we needed to go in before Noah left. I tossed the lip gloss back into my purse as we started walking to the front of the building. My heart was racing, and my imaginary butterfly friends were back, flying around in my stomach. Chloe opened the door first, then paused, looking over her shoulder, her eyes wide. "Um...Gem, why don't we go get coffee somewhere else?" 

"What? Why?" I asked, my eyes drifting past her to the back of the shop to a booth in the corner; there sat Noah and a girl with long blonde hair. I pushed past Chloe and marched over to the booth. "Hey." I crossed my arms. 

"Uh...Gemma...I didn't expect to see you here." Noah's eyes were wide as they shifted between me and the girl sitting in front of him. 

"Hey, Gemma." Olivia smiled, looking up at me. 

I glared at Olivia, then over at Noah. "You have fun on your date. And don't bother picking me up tomorrow, asshole!" 

"Gemma, it's not what you think."

"Whatever." I motioned my hand, rolling my eyes, then turned and walked away. I followed Chloe and Sarah over to the counter to order my coffee. 

"Gemma, let me explain." Noah walked up behind me.

"Explain what? That I was a fool for not listening to Ashton about you." I grabbed my coffee and turned around, trying not to fall for his gorgeous grey eyes. "Chloe and Sarah are waiting for me. Bye, Noah." I stepped around him and walked to the door where Chloe and Sarah were sipping their drinks.