Chapter 17: Welcome to New York 🗽

Start from the beginning

Or better yet who died.

His mom had a sad look on her face, his brother the same look, his sisters were trying not to look at him. No one was saying anything.

"Guys...what?" Chris shrugs, grabbing a slice, "I won't eat it all, jeez."

Scott looks at his mother, who subtly nods, Chris feels a sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach, it's like the day his parents were divorcing all over again.

No one spoke. But the silence was loud.

"You remember my friend Maya?" Scott speaks up, Chris immediately nods, "well she has a good friend and her good friend has a friend who has a brother..."

"Scott!" Chris shuts his eyes, he can't take this anymore, "what is it?!"

"Y/n is marrying a guy named Jonathan. He's a doctor and they met—"

Scott comes clean out with it, stopping when Chris raises his hand, "I-I know who he is."

Shanna speaks up this time, you were such an amazing part of their lives, since they were all just young kids. And her brother just couldn't deal with that. He couldn't be smart enough to keep you.

"Nice going Chris," Shanna throws her plate away and leaves, marching up angrily to her room.

"We're so sorry," Carly on the other hand hugs her big brother tight. Chris can't form any words or thoughts. You really could love someone else...that fast? Forget all about him?

"Oh honey," Lisa joins in on the hug, not so much as a peep coming from Chris, Scott sadly joins too. He really, really liked you.

He still likes you, apart from being his brother's girlfriend, you were his best friend. And although Chris may be upset losing the girl of his dreams, Scott was heartbroken to have lost a good friend. Even though you would never stop being friends with Scott simply because you were no longer together with his brother, the friendship still wouldn't be the same.

~

"I never stopped loving her, Biz. If anything you had to show her that!" Chris whisper yells, he knows Bizzie could be brutal with her words.

"You may have loved her, fine, but you stopped being her husband. You stopped being there for her. Face it Chris, you loved your job more. The money, the attention, the fame...the women." Bizzie says quietly out in the darkness of the room.

Chris shakes his head, trying to keep his cool, "what women? There was no one other than her. All this time I've been in love with her." He repeats.

"Yeah, yeah, okay tough guy, tell that to the divorce papers you signed."

Chris attempts to sit up, but surprisingly you put a hand on his chest, laying him back down. You were awake.

He stares into your eyes, he could just barely see the glint of them in the room, "I love her Bizzie. I really do. And I'm trying to do things right this time."

"I'll believe that when I see it, Evans. I love her too you know? I just want what's best for her. I want her to be happy. Which is why I supported the whole fiasco with Jon. Just so you know she was hesitant. She was hesitant when he proposed. Hesitant the day of the dinner rehearsal. Hesitant the day of the wedding, and well that was thanks to you..."

Chris takes pride in the fact that you weren't 100% set on marrying that other guy.

"Go to sleep you two, we have an exciting day tomorrow." You speak after a few minutes of dead silence.