Chapter 26: Sports Festival Start

Start from the beginning

~ ~ ~

(Hitoshi POV)

"-EVERYBODY, ARE YOU READYYYY?"

President Mic's voice rang out through the speaking, making the stadium shake with cheers and shouts.

It was making Hitoshi's old anxiety creep back up. The fact that the Todoroki kid had asked him about Izuku and then proceeded to challenge both of them, despite Izuku not being there, didn't help.

Of course, he kept up a cool and confident façade, only a bit of it genuine conviction as Izuku's confident words and plans for the events ran through his head.

Hitoshi stayed to the back of his class as they walked out into the roaring stadium.

"THE MIRACULOUS NEW STUDENTS WHO OVERCAME ENEMY ATTACKS WITH THEIR HEARTS FULL OF STEEL. HERO COURSE, 1-A!"

The crowd only grew louder at his Pa's dramatic introduction and he already wanted to go home. Hizashi had gotten him used to loud noises, but- A: that didn't mean it still didn't bother him and B: this was way worse than Hizashi screaming about a bug.

Because unlike those time, there was more than one person. In fact, there were thousands plus cameras.

The other classes were called with some fanfare- not as much as 1-A he grumbled- and Hitoshi found a new reason for his conviction to spike.

That blond kid from 1-B, Monoma, and many other faces he remembered sent glares or glances at 1-A. No, he didn't fully blame them, he could have been one of them after all, but with his little speech last month, he thought all of this nonsense would be gone. (Monoma was always angry at them tho)

Everything was fine, spotting Izuku and Mei in the crowd of Support students, they shared a determined nod.

But then Bakugo went up to the stage.

"I pledge- that I'll be number one."

And there went all of Hitoshi's faith for a calm start to this.

Voices of booing and snide remarks were thrown from the first-years outside of 1-A while his class was freaking out and trying to either reprimand Bakugo (Ilda) or shaking their head in embarrassment (Kaminari and Sero among others.)

The noise was finally lowering as Auntie- Midnight made her way back to the stage with a crack of her whip.

"Now lets get started right away! The first match is what you'd call a qualifier. Many drink their tears here. Now, here is the first fateful game!"

With that speech, a flashy board spun through options before landing on 'obstacle course.'

Glancing over at his friends, they all shared a small smirk. Hitoshi could tell Izuku was holding back a feral grin and he also knew that once they started their plan, he would definitely scare a few students with it. It could rival Aizawa's unhinged one and Hitoshi would know.

The students waited outside of the large gates while Hitoshi stuck with his three friends behind the crowd. As soon as the start signal went off, Hitoshi spoke into his projecting voice mask, sounding exactly like his Pa.

"Go beyond, plus-"

"Ultra!"

~ ~ ~

Izuku let his grin slip into place as almost the entire crowd of once anxious students froze, save a few. He knew his friend couldn't hold this many for more than a few seconds, so he and Mei didn't waste even half a second with their hover boots and Mei's jetpack to race the three of them right over the heads of over 90% of their competition.