Meeting

Author's Note: This story was originally in screenplay format, but wattpad doesn't have center spacing from what I can tell. Enjoy the story!

INT. YOUR BEDROOM - DAWN

You hear a knock on the door. You roll over in your bed and groan, but you open your eyes.

YOU
Yes?

The head maid yells at you from behind the door.

HEAD MAID
It's dawn, (Y/n). Get ready and head up to help the princes.

YOU
Yes, ma'am.

You quickly get out of bed and get ready. It's your first day assisting the princes.

INT. HALLWAY - MOMENTS LATER

You stand in front of Thor's door and knock. After a few moments of silence you knock again.

You cock your head to side and turn the doorknob slowly.

You peek inside. It appears to be empty.

You enter and check the connecting bathroom. It's empty, too.

You shrug your shoulders and get started by making the bed. You think 'maybe I'll get to meet him tomorrow'.

You pick up all the things scattered along Thor's floor. You think 'he's messier then I expected'.

After that, you dust and finish making the room look presentable.

On your way out, you see paper and a pen on his desk. "Should I leave him a note saying I'm his new maid? I would like to meet him at some point, if he's always out this early." But something in the back of your mind says it can wait, so you leave without making a note.

You walk down the hall to Loki's room. You knock on the door.

After a moment, a quiet "yes?" is heard.

YOU
I'm the new maid.

LOKI
Ah yes, come in.

You open the door and your eyes widen. The first thing you notice is how clean the room already is. Then you lay your eyes on Loki, and you freeze at the door. He sits at the edge of his bed with a thick book in his lap. Your thoughts race. 'Wow. Prince Loki is gorgeous. His big blue-green eyes with his cute eyebrows, and jet black hair.' You accidentally sigh out loud.

Loki's face is completely neutral, though he blinks right after he hears you sigh.

LOKI
I said you can come in.

You hastily take a step forward.

YOU
I'm sorry!

Loki laughs to himself.

LOKI
Don't be.
(beat)
You must be the new maid.

Loki quickly glances up and down at you, his expression soft.

YOU
Yes, Prince Loki. Can I clean while you're in here, or would you rather I come back later?

LOKI
You can clean now. And please, just call me Loki.

You nod and start by dusting, since there's nothing to put away and, from what you can tell, Loki already made his bed.

Loki leans back against his pillows and puts his knees up near his face, his book in front of him.

After a few minutes of silence, Loki speaks up.

LOKI
Have you always been a maid?

You stop dusting and turn around to face Loki.