7 - secrets to hide

"gyuvin.."

"huh?"

"do you think hanbin is hiding something about the school event?" matthew asked as he continued to walk through the sidewalk, biting on the straw of his drink.

"ummm.... no? but now that you've brought it up.. maaaaayybeeeee?" gyuvin shrugged, shaking his drink before stabbing a straw into it.

it was a day after hao's and hanbin's encounter at the convenience store, and matthew was starting to get suspicious of his best friend.

hanbin's behavior was nothing bad if matthew had to describe it. if anything, he'd just say that it was.. unusual?

ever since a few weeks ago, hanbin started to act weirdly. usually, hanbin would smile and excitedly talk about something that he did, even going out of his way to reach for matthew or gyuvin.

now, hanbin would hide or rush out of a conversation whenever he heard the word "partner" or "event" even be mentioned. matthew noticed this through the way he'd randomly get quiet halfway in the conversation, and how his ears would get red every single time. this was different compared to matthew and gyuvin who'd ramble on about their partners.

it didn't seem to be ending anytime soon, so matthew went to the next person he and hanbin knew, gyuvin, to confirm that matthew really wasnt making up things in his head.

"like, do we know anything about what he's doing for the event? it's not just me, right?" matthew asked, switching between drinking and talking to gyuvin.

"i mean like— i'm not a detective, you should've asked me this the day hanbin spoke to us. it's literally sunday, it's been two days!" gyuvin protested, pouting. he swirled around his straw, yet to take an actual sip yet.

"but it's like, an everyday thing that he does this.. hanbin is a terrible liar." matthew sighed, looking down on the pavement— great, he was left to think that he was the one insane.

"see that, i can confirm—" gyuvin nodded in agreement. "what i also can confirm, is the fact that i will never find out what he's lying about."

matthew facepalmed, "right.."

"i'm sure hanbin is hiding for a good reason though, if he's like.. that desperate to hold onto it for several weeks. i may be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt!" gyuvin suggested, finally forwarding his straw to himself to drink.

"you're right." it seems like gyuvin and matthew found common ground. "he must be doing it for a good reason.. i won't pester him about it."

"yes! but if you need something, you can always go to me." gyuvin smiled, leaning his head on matthew's shoulder as they walked together.

"sometimes i am glad that hanbin introduced me to you," matthew stated before reconsidering his sentence. "and sometimes, i am not."

"hey, i'm just trying to help you!" gyuvin whined, putting himself off of matthew's shoulder.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

hao

hao hyung!
did you get enough sleep after we met!?
i never asked if you actually slept, and we were there super early in the morning.. >>

ah
haneul
no worries i slept a lot before we met
similar to how you did
either way it was a day ago, so why'd you suddenly ask?

i was just worried im sorry if you found that weird.. i didn't mean anything bad
have fun today! ^^