I didn't thank her, but I made sure to give her some more pills to tie her over.

"Kendra..."

I stopped my texting and glared at her.

"What did you say?"

"You look like your mother."

Tommy

Once Tori relayed the information to me, I told her not to do anything stupid, but what could I do when I was stowed away in a hospital room?

I made it known to Glenn beforehand that she was at Hector's warehouse by the docks and to follow the white prison bus.

"She's redirecting it to the hospital," Glenn said, "I heard her talking to Raul and your mother."

"Raul won't tell on her," I said, "He's probably forgotten the conversation already and Mom was doped up. "

Glenn had paused while he was on the phone with his brother.

"I think we need to go to talk to Dad."

"Why?"

"Because a few days ago I overheard Bridget saying something about getting revenge for her husband's incarceration."

"Do you think you could have fucking said something before I was almost killed?"

"Did they show you the mugshots of the shooters yet?" Glenn avoided my question.

"I didn't recognize them and neither did Tori."

"I've got eyes on the bus," Glenn said, "It's—it's turning into the hospital."

"She rerouted them here because she doesn't trust the blue."

"Good..." Glenn was saying, "I gotta go. I can't be seen right now."

"Donnie with you?"

"Yeah."

"Watch him,"

"Roger."

I sat back and smiled—proud of my girl.

Tori

I hauled ass out of the area.

Raul and Bridget wouldn't remember that they talked to me and I was already pretending to be angry that money was being lost. Hector took note of my little spectacle when I flipped a chair over in his office.

"There'll be more girls," he promised, looking satisfied to have me on the take.

No one could trace the bus, but the girls were able to get out and get help at the hospital. Glenn helped me move some of my stuff, Moe and some of Tommy's things to the lake house.

"I have eyes on everyone now, Tori," he said as we unloaded the last of my items, "You make sure to lay low for a while."

"I don't think it was a good idea to bring Donnie into this," I told him as we stood in the kitchen, watching pace the yard from the kitchen window.

"He hasn't gotten off my ass in a few days," Glenn shrugged, "I don't trust him any more. I'll also look into Bridget's quip about your mom."

"You got protection?" He asked me. I nodded. Tommy had a whole arsenal in the basement here, "Good. Use it."

Tommy

I was more than happy to get the hell out of that hospital.

My father had been able to call me—of course my mother didn't.

The girls made it out alive and relatively well. Tori had told me she also sent them to the hospital for any evaluation.

"Even if Hector suspects us, we'll have to take the chance," she said, wrapping my wound again. I couldn't have asked for a better woman by my side.

"So, if I get back in, I can't let it happen all the time, Tori," I admitted, "Some will have to slip through the cracks."

"We can't go to the locals, but maybe higher up?"

"I don't have connections to higher ups. I figured you would."

She shrugged, "I could try to look into it. Ray said he wants me to go down to the precinct to listen to the voices of the men who shot up my place—and you."

"Although I don't like ole Ray, I think it's a good idea," I said, "But Im sure as hell aren't letting you go alone."

"We're not going to keep our relationship a secret?"

"I'm fairly sure there's no hiding us now."

"What are we, Tommy?" She asked, propping up the pillows behind me so I could relax.

"What do you want to be?"

"Glenn called me your fiance," she giggled, taking my hand in hers.

"Then that's what you are."

"W-what?"

"You'll marry me one day, Tori Loomis, and we'll fly far, far away from here."