Chapter 7

November

"Mom," I pleaded with her. "Please come with me!"

"No." She simply said, not even sparing me a glance.

My mother was my best friend; we did everything together. Whether it was shopping or talking about the awkward things like puberty and boys. I used to tell her everything, but then the man I used to call my father had to ruin it all...and for his selfish priorities at that. I couldn't wait until the day I could finally check her out of this place and now she doesn't want to leave for some insane reason.

"Please. We can get you out of here and be together again. We'll get a nice place and it can be just you and me, and we'll never have to deal with dad again."

"I said no, I want to stay here. Your father loves you and he can take great care of you."

It was like my heart shattered ad soon as the words left her mouth. I looked her in the eyes, my lips and almost every other part of my body shaking uncontrollably.

"So you d-," I stopped for a second, having to control myself. "So you don't l-ove me?" My question had certainly struck some kind of emotion within her.

"Of course I love you. More than anything in this entire world, that's why I'm doing this. There are things you don't understand about this whole situation. I'm not ready to leave just yet, and if I was, I'm in no stable condition to take care of you."

"There is nothing wrong with you so you don't need to stay here." I continued to convince her.

"Jaleena, I don't think you heard me, I'm not going!" Her tone was raised, close to yelling. She was obviously getting fed up with me.

"Can you at least tell me why?" My voice was deflated and worn.

She looked deeply at me and I could tell she was debating whether or not she should tell me. She had opened and closed her mouth so many times I wasn't even sure if she was going to tell me anytime soon. Finally sounds came out of her mouth.

"I-uh...met somebody."

I don't know why, but the thought of my mother with someone other than my father makes me mad. Yeah of course I hate my father and she deserves someone better, but just the thought that my parents relationship with each other had officially ended was a big wake-up call.

"Oh. What's his name?" I awkwardly asked. She ducked her head down running her temples in exhaustion.

"I've had enough conversion. Can we please talk about this another time. Please?" Her eyes looked the same as mine: tired. I sighed in defeat.

"I guess so. I love you Mom."

"I love you too Baby."

The chilling night air added an element to my wrenching sadness. Not only was I sad, but I was also confused. Confused of who my mom was with and wondering what I apparently didn't know. The ground that I was sitting on was damp, grass dewy, almost turning into a frost. No matter how cold I was I wasn't going back to the clown show I call my house.

My mind was running like a race track: around, and around, and around, and around....
Eventually my emotions were so overwhelming everything just went numb. The repeated noises of the crickets that sounded in the night gave me a strange sense of comfort. Without even noticing, I had closed my eyes and laid in the long, wet grass.

My head was finally at ease.

That is, until my mind started wondering to other things. Flashes plagued my mind of a boy with curly hair leaving love bites on my skin. A boy named Harry. I needed a distraction, and he was it. My fingers has already started dialing before my mind could process I heard the roughness of a man's voice.

"Jay?" I looked down at my phone for a second to realize it had been after midnight.

"Hey, were you sleeping or something?"

"No, me asleep this early? May I ask how I have the pleasure of speaking with you?" I could hear the grin in his questions. I didn't want to waste anymore time.

"Come get me."

Within twenty minutes I found myself riding in the passenger seat of Harry's car. He looked at me with concern, which is the last thing I need.

"Is everything okay? What were you doing out here this dark, you know someone could have kidnapped you or something." He spat as soon as he parked.
I didn't know if I should say anything. I didn't know if I wanted to say anything. So instead I crashed my lips onto his.
He was stiff at first, surprised by my actions, but soon we melted into each other. Our tongues and hands entangled wildly, it got more passionate by the second. I found my way on top of Harry, straddling him in the drivers seat. I could feel his bulge hardening with every movement of my hips. He left sloppy kisses on my neck as my hands reached out to unbuckle his belt.

"Fuck." He moaned as I gripped his erection.

I could feel my bra slip off in one quick motion, and his large hands felt up my breasts. I let out a breath as his hands were cold. Harry let out a smirk as we continued to kiss. One hand had found its way down there, as I felt his fingers move my underwear to the side. So overwhelmed by the intensity of his finger dancing over my clit, I could no longer sit up, my body molding on top of his, my head in his neck. He slyly slipped in one finger. As he slipped his finger out, I grabbed his hard-on. Before I could move my panties aside he stopped me.

"Are you sure?" He questioned. I needed him in this moment. I needed this distraction from the world, and instead of me being a normal person and talking about my problems I found myself here, and the only form of validation that I wanted this to happen just as much as him came out rougher than intended.

"Just shut up and fuck me."