Story unfolds

Param tried his best to make Karan sleep. But all he does is clutching his pillow tightly. Their parents are doing the formality making sure that he doesn't come out again in this life.

Param: Chotte, please sleep na. I will be here. Mom, dad, your friends will be here. Please sleep.

Karan shake his head stubbornly.

Karan: Mo..na..mi

Param: Huh?

Karan whisper so softly and lowly that Param almost didn't hear it.

Param: Monami?

He asked again. Karan nodded slowly.

Param take his phone and called Faizi. As he didn't have Monami's number.

Param look at Karan who is shaking again. Param felt himself tearing up but wipe it fastly as it come.

Hello

Faizi's voice bring him back.

Param: He..llo

He said shaking ly.

Faizi: Bhaiyya everything okey? Karan is okey right? Should i come there?

Param: he..he is fine Faizi, breathe.

Faizi: then what happened

Param: huhh....is there someone name Monami? Karan is asking for her.

Faizi: ohh there is. should I sent her?

Param: yaa fast

Faizi: yes bhai

They cut the call. Param sighs look at Karan. He ran his hands on his hair making him flinch. He withdraw it back.

A small knock can be heard. Param gets up wearing his shoes and gently opening the door.

Monami is standing there with a small smile. And she look like she cried as her eyes are puffy.

Param nods at her and move aside. She gets in and immediately go to Karan who hug her tightly as he could. Param smiles sadly before closing the door and left.

Monami rub his back. Karan melt in her arms crying again.

After a while, Monami sit besides Karan on the bed. His head on her lap tightly holding her hands. She can feel he is still in fear.

Monami: Karan

Karan: hmm

Monami: Need some water.

Karan thinks for a second and nods yes. Monami gently put his head on the pillow. She gets up and take a glass, pour some water. She get it near his mouth who sip it fastly. Monami chuckles seeing him.

She the glass back to place.

Karan: I was 13

Monami look at him. He is lost in thoughts but his hands are fisted like a ball.

Karan: I always feels like i am being watched. I dismissed it, blaming it on the movies i watch. But..

Flashback

A 13 year old Karan is coming back from his school. He stops when he saw a man in his father's age trying his best to pick up the fallen groceries.

Karan being the kind kid he is, ran and help him to pick up. The man thanked him. Karan smiles adorable ly with a red cheeks. The man chuckles ruffling his hairs. Karan's smile fade a little as he felt a feeling of uncomfort. He shake it off bidding goodbye to the man.

His gut feeling tells him to not to meet the man again.

But after several days he did met that guy. He was smiling and acting friendly. But Karan avoided him ever so smartly.

He gets happy thinking thag he is gone now and will not disturb him not knowing how wrong he was.