First Day at The Agency

YOUR P.O.V.:

"So, tell me..." He says and I reply with a hmm in agreement. "Everyone is depressed, it cannot be seen by anyone's face who killed him. Now, who killed the father?" "Ranpo-Kun....This is too easy." I say as both of us kept walking our destination.

Ranpo-Kun and I, at this time, were coming back from the flower shop we went to check up on, which was just robbed an hour ago. The owners and staff did call the police, but the police couldn't seem to figure out who was responsible for the robbery and who was behind it. That's when they decided to call us, so Ranpo-Kun and I left out to solve the case.

Ranpo-Kun right now is trying to test my brain by asking me a riddle which he thought would be quite difficult for me to solve. According to what he said there were some family problems going on between the family in the riddle. The father only had one daughter. Not a large family. The father was planning to get married to another woman who had a son. The issue going on in the family was about property distribution. Before the father could get married, he died. That's not it, he was killed.

"So tell me (Y/N)." Ranpo-Kun smiles at me. He really thinks I can't solve such a simple riddle. "Who killed the father?"

"It's very easy, Ranpo-Kun." I smile back with confidence in the answer I have in my mind. "The daughter. The daughter killed her own father."

"What? Are you sure about that?" Ranpo-Kun asks as he wants me to change my mind. "Yes, I'm sure. Why? Is my answer incorrect?" I ask him. "It's correct." He states as he put his hands in the air and then behind his head while we both walk back to the agency. "Did you use my ability, you copycat?" He side-eyed me. "First off, I'm not a copycat, I'm a mockingbird. Second, keep your voice down, we are really close to the agency and someone from the agency might hear you which will cause my secret ability will be blown off. Third, no I did not use your ability. How many more times do I have to remind you Ranpo-Kun, you have such a big brain even without an ability for me to copy. You have no ability for me to copy. You have a really smart brain even without abilities. People with abilities like me are not smarter than you." I try explaining him that I really did not use his ability as he does not have one. He does know that he is a normal guy but an extra-ordinary one at that.

"Well," Ranpo-Kun yawns, "How did you find out then?" I look at him as I walk alongside him. "If you tell me how you found out, I'll believe you." He spoke. "Alright," I start explaining, "The daughter was the only child the father had. He would definitely give most of his property and money to his stepson if he were to get married. That is not what the daughter wanted. She killed her dad even before the marriage took place so that he will have no relation with his future wife and automatically all the money and property belonging to her father will come in her share. Plus, your riddle was almost the same as the case we just solved. The son of the flower shop owner was behind the robbery because he wanted the property and money to be his."

"Hmm....That does make sense. It's like I asked a riddle having the same case but a different story. But don't worry, I'll come up with an even harder one next time." Ranpo-Kun says with confidence, as if he challenges me and I laughed at his childish behavior even though he is seven years older than me.

"Oi Ranpo-San!"

Someone calls us from up front. It is Atsushi. He is waving as he comes to us and seems a bit tense.

"Ranpo-San, (Y/N)-San. What took you guys so long? The president was asking about you guys. Was it that much of a difficult case?" Atsushi asked.

Oh, so that's the reason he seemed tensed, I think to myself. Dad must be worried about me being out of his sight and far from the agency for too long.