Part 1

"These Instagram reels got to me. We're going to Ibiza." she whispered to herself maniacally from the corner of her favorite coffee shop.

The first thing she did was text Marcous, because who else would join her on a trip other than him?

They met at a mutual friend's party and ended up vibing with the same energy and found a common interest in their love for a certain plant that caused bodily effects.

"Could you come to Ibiza with me? I've got the BnB covered." she hit send and waited for him to wake up in the UK.

Working remotely often had a glamorous perception to people, but it was truly hard finding people with the same schedule to hang out with. Mikayla ran a successful software engineering company and lived in Asia after living in New York for 10 years after college.

Right away, she got into her research mode with looking into where to stay on the island itself.

Immediately she knew that she was going to stay at her dream hotel, where the IT people stayed. Nobu by the Bay. The pictures made her smile, serene white beaches and no screaming children, or annoying influencer groups.

The next itinerary was planning which DJs to catch each night. It was truly a masterful art the way she went down the wormhole of exploring the Instagram tags and map areas to catch and imagine the vibes of certain places.

Turning 30 initially seemed like it was not a big deal to her. But the more she stewed on it, the more she realized it was an end to an era.

The era of learning, and living carefree, falling in love, starting her company. So she decided what other way to spend it other than to be surrounded by music on the best party island on earth?

She pulled out her pencil and started writing on her iPad the rough outline of where they would go:

Day 1: Explore the Dalt Villa, lunch at the port marina, Night: DC-10 Circoloco

Circoloco was legendary like many other clubs held the title. It was set next to the airport away from most nightclubs on Playa En Bossa. Often times the planes would cruise low enough above the crowd to land. Sexy Berlin beats would be the vibe.

Day 2: Calvin Harris day - idc what we do as long as we end up at Ushuaia

She laughed at that entire paragraph because that was truly what the trip was based of. Mikayla felt the thrill of traveling to watch a concert, and it was unlike any other each time she did it. She had already traveled to Thailand to catch Fabich, Singapore to catch Diplo and London for Darius and SG Lewis.

She put a pause on the itinerary from all the serotonin that was produced from imagining being at the front of the rails and all these thoughts and shut her iPad off.

Her phone buzzed in the moment and brought her further back to reality when she saw her sister call.

"How could I be of service." she answered chirpily.

"Well I was thinking we could go out for drinks since you're not that busy this week." it was truly rare for Mikalya to have free time, when she ran her own tech company. It was even more tricky working at the wrong timezone when everyone was asleep and vice versa.

Also, a reason why she was single for the longest time.

"Sure, I've got reasons to celebrate." she chuckled and left it to her to want more info till they met up.

As she gathered her belongings and walked to the lobby area, she noticed the thick black her she often caught herself eyeing through the glass windows and her heart sank like it always did at this point.

Daniel walked out with his new girlfriend that lived in the same building as her.

The infamous bartender that led her along for months, decided to ask her out instead of Mikayla.

It was only human nature for it to sting. To feel like someone else was better. But at the same time, here she was planning a trip to Ibiza where expenses were being racked up and it brought things to perspective for her all the time.

Was a handsome face, and excellent hair enough to make her happy? Because in reality, she wanted a partner that would come with her on adventures, and concerts. To have a partner that stood at the back of her in the middle of crowded train stations as a protector.

Then again, those thoughts then often perplexed her into feeling that it was too much of a demand. When in reality, those men just lived in different countries. She knew for a fact, because of the encounter with several men on her last trip to Barcelona.

When she entered the lobby area and Daniel and his girl saw her, she smiled calmly to her first, and then to him and walked in right as the doors closed.

"Yea, definitely going to Ibiza." she sighed to herself and leaned against the wall, attempting to calm her nervous system down.